- Unity Environmental University
- Maine, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 9, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Geology & Earth Sciences, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Public Relations & Marketing (Campus), Human Resources Administration
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Technical Institute for Environmental Professions:
Unity College created the Technical Institute for Environmental Professions because many entry-level jobs are going unfilled due to a lack of skilled workers. Those who do possess the skills and education are burdened with excessive debt. So, we built an alternative to costly degree programs by offering short-term credentials such as certificates and Associate degrees all at a lower cost. These programs offer quicker and less expensive entryways into the workforce for first-time employment, career changers, and individuals looking to upskill. Short-term programs can also serve as stepping-stones to more advanced and technical opportunities. By narrowing our focus, this new institute will deliver the specialized training that leads to well-paying jobs in high-demand industries.
About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible Associate degrees, Baccalaureate degrees, Masters degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses through a variety of modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment and natural resources. Through experiential and collaborative learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens, environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
Recruitment Specialists actively recruit learners of all ages, backgrounds, and demographics. They are trained to be expert in all the Technical Institute for Environmental Professions (TIEP) program offerings as well as proficient in the basic offerings and services of all other Sustainable Education Business Units (SEBUS). This position will develop relationships with external groups as assigned, such as college counselors, veteran transitional services, immigrant services, retraining programs, and/or post-incarceration transition programs. To support robust enrollments, Recruitment Specialists may host public presentations and engage with individuals and groups as needed.
Full job description provided at time of interview.
- Respond to Technical Institute for Environmental Professions leads by appropriate means such as but not limited to; in-person, telephone, email, text, letter, Zoom, and social media.
- Effectively execute the recruitment practices of the Technical Institute for Environmental Professions, the Unity College Enterprise, and the Unity College Sustainable Educational Business Units (SEBUs).
- A detailed understand of the TIEP academic programs.
- As assigned be responsible for the initiation, execution, and analysis of special projects.
- An appreciation for the fast-paced nature of this work and the flexibility to handle a variety of duties and projects throughout the day as well as throughout the year.
- Associated Degree required
- 1 -3 years experience in recruitment, admission, or related fields such as sales.
- Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and public speaking skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work with students from diverse political/socioeconomic backgrounds and a wide range of physical and academic abilities.
- Computer literacy, including social media, and data capability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, presentation software, and social media platforms required; experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system such as Salesforce CRM a plus.
- The ability to work as member of a team and the confidence to work independently.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational structure, maintaining open lines of professional communication.
- Strong strategic, creative, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Qualified to obtain a valid Maine drivers license and complete a successful RMV check.
- Bachelors degree preferred
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and can include days, evenings, and weekends. Working extended hours required as needed. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling responsibilities and meeting the Colleges needs. Although Unity College employees are generally scheduled to work at their specifically assigned locations, there are times when travel is necessary and employees are required from time to time to attend events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any Unity College location.
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The use of either hand for repetitive movements such as grasping, grasping and turning, and fine manipulation is required as is the ability to use the telephone for internal and external communications.
Location: Pineland Farms, New Gloucester, Maine
Just a half hour from Portland, Unity College Headquarters, Unity College Distance Education, The Technical School for Environmental Professions (opening in 2022), and the School of Environmental Business & Sustainable Ventures are based at the Pineland Farms campus. The facilities are within easy access to one of the fastest-growing cities for startups in the country.
Unity College offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package for its faculty and staff. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work benefit eligible
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert