Senior Capital Projects Manager
- Northeastern University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Senior Capital Projects Manager
About the Opportunity
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President - Real Estate & Capital Projects, the Senior Capital Projects Manager is responsible for the management of capital projects including large and complex multi-million dollar projects. Project types include research and teaching laboratories, student housing, classrooms, offices as well as specialized construction. Contribute to the development and organization of project management processes and procedures to support the activities of the Real Estate & Capital Projects group.
- Coordinate and manage multiple technically complex capital
project activities with both in-house and outside consultants
including preparation and administration of consultant contracts.
- Supervise resident engineers assigned to oversee construction activity on multiple projects.
- Manage and coordinate feasibility studies including preparing program information, coordinating work of interdepartmental groups, and working with all levels of the University.
- Review planning and contract documents prepared by outside consultants to ensure compatibility with University standards and requirements.
- Prepare financial analyses and preliminary total project cost
- Establish, track, and manage budget during course of project.
- Perform contract administration and manage resident engineers for construction of a variety of capital projects including new construction, alteration, utility installations and roadways.
- Serve as the University's representative to external agencies including local officials on assigned projects.
The position requires the ability to work independently and allocate resources consistent with Division goals. Prepare written and graphic presentations. Maintain proficiency in word processing, spread sheets and various computer database systems used in professional management organizations. Promote and assure continuous improvement; establish and maintain productive relationships with a full range of personnel that reflect a strong commitment to customer service.
- Professional degree in architecture, engineering, or a related field.
- Professional registration (Arch. or PE) in Massachusetts or the ability to obtain Massachusetts registration within one year.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience with multi-discipline, multi-million dollar construction projects including a minimum of three (3) years experience managing project support staff.
- Minimum of twenty (20) years experience in lieu of professional degree.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing and maintaining productive relationships with a full range of campus and external constituents (including local agencies) that reflect a strong customer service commitment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement imaginative solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience in using scheduling, spreadsheet, word processing and database software systems.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices, project budget development, scheduling, tracking and control.
- Ability to access any portion of a construction/facility site.
- Master's degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Experience in higher education facility planning and design
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Senior-Capital-Projects-Manager_R111182
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert