Faculty Awards Manager
- Northeastern University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Faculty Awards Manager
About the Opportunity
The Faculty Awards Manager serves in the Office of the Provost under the guidance of the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs. This position is responsible for developing and managing faculty awards and honorifics university-wide and for exploring a range of internal and external awards available to support and recognize the teaching, service, and research of Northeastern's faculty. Additionally, responsibilities include managing the nominations of Northeastern faculty members for prestigious research awards, recognitions and honors. The position will develop discipline-specific processes and support tools for Northeastern's academic departments, while coordinating and supporting institution-wide nominations for highly prestigious awards and honors. The position will also interact with faculty and academic leaders at all levels in the university in developing communications strategies to highlight award winners.
- Create a database of discipline-specific nomination opportunities that would be strategic for Northeastern faculty members to pursue and implement a process to support department/university efforts to submit nominations.
- Create best practices, templates for nomination letters, and other supporting materials.
- Proactively alert departments to upcoming deadlines with adequate notice to prepare materials.
- With the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, regularly meet with department leaders to assure nomination and award processes are working well and to provide ongoing feedback and support.
- Identify award and honorific opportunities for faculty.
- Create processes to seek and manage nominations and submissions.
- Develop a database of faculty nominated for awards as well as receipt of awards.
- Work closely with Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs and college deans and associate deans to increase number of honorific awards for their faculty.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience working in higher education or a research institute, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience interacting with university faculty. Experience analyzing nomination submission requirements. Knowledge of prestigious award programs nationally and internationally.
- Ability to work independently, coordinating, and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and project management skills.
- Must demonstrate maturity, diplomacy, common sense, close attention to detail, professionalism and a team-oriented approach and be able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- The ability to operate independently with periodic guidance.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Faculty-Awards-Manager_R105268
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert