ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – BIOLOGY - PT
Daley College is currently seeking a Part-Time biology Instructor
for the Summer and Fall 2023 semester with a passion for teaching
and learning, along with a strong commitment to the missions and
ideals of the community college. The ideal candidate will have
demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using
highly effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse
needs and that promote the acquisition and application of knowledge
and the development of critical and creative thinking and
problem-solving skills; and in addition, engage in and model
intellectual curiosity and express passion for their disciplines
and for learning in general.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’
active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’
intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using
discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people
and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying
confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in their academic and
professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork
among members of these communities.
- Adhere to City Colleges of Chicago code of ethics, Board rules
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!
- Any master’s degree or higher in the life sciences field. Life
sciences fields include but are not limited to: Animal Science,
Anatomy & Physiology, Biology, Bioengineering, Botany, Cell
Biology, Ecology, Environmental Biology, Field Biology, Genetics,
Human Biology, Ichthyology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, MD,
Mycology, Nutrition, Ornithology, & Zoology.
- Knowledge of Blackboard Learning Management System,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
communicate with diverse group of staff and students required.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the