Director of Career Services and Public Relations
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 7, 2023
College of Arts and Science - Harry S Truman School of Government and Public Affairs
Almost 1,000 students and 10,000 alumni strong, the Truman School of Government and Public Affairs provides an interdisciplinary educational environment for our undergraduate and graduate students. Through our research and teaching, we inform public policy, educate for ethical leadership in public service, and foster democratic discourse among citizens, policymakers, and scholars. We offer degrees in Political Science (BA, PhD), Public Administration and Policy (BA), Public Affairs (MPA, PhD), and Defense and Strategic Studies (MA).
We seek a Director of Career Services and Public Relations to provide career and internship services to current and former students, create promotional material for various stakeholders, and help harness the power of our alumni advisory board to benefit our current and future students.
- Career Services Functions – 55% of time
- Plan, develop, and implement career programming and materials for students and alumni.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers and organizations to promote Truman School programs and opportunities for students
- Collect and maintain data on employment placements from the MPA program for reporting to accrediting body.
- Support the internship program for our MPA students by arranging events, workshops, and classes; organizing and conducting site visits; collecting and maintaining data on internships; assist all graduate students individually with internship searches; arrange and manage Internship Poster Presentation event for MPA students.
- Manage social media for the School including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn to promote the Truman School.
- Create promotional and informational materials for marketing to professional associations, alumni, and prospective students.
- Coordinate with College of Arts & Science and MU Advancement.
- Serve as primary liaison and support for the alumni advisory board.
- Coordinate and plan alumni and student events
- Supervise one Graduate Assistant, and one student worker. Provide training, schedule, and weekly meetings.
- Monitor career services budget and track expenditures, receipts, etc.
- Assist the Office of Academic Programs as needed.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $68,815
GGS Grade: 010
University Title: Program Manager II Student Support Services
Working Title: Director of Career Services and Public Relations
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
8:00 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday; however, a few events may be scheduled in the evening.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
A Master's degree in a related field (public affairs, strategic communication, counseling, educational leadership, higher education, etc.) with 2.5 years or more experience in a higher education setting.
Complete online application and upload resume, cover letter, and reference page.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at 573-884-2577.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the Law English Version
- EEO is the Law Spanish Version
- EEO is the Law Chinese Version
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert