Administrator I/II/III, Outreach Programs
- Auburn University
- Alabama, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 31, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Education Administration & Leadership, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Extension Services, Other Academic Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Grants & Contracts
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Home Org Name
Assoc Prov & VP for Outreach
Administrator I/II/III, Outreach Programs
Job Class Code
Limited Term Length
The department of Government & Economic Development Institute is currently accepting applications for the position of Administrator I/II/ III, Outreach Programs.
This position plans, coordinates, delivers and manages outreach or extension educational services and programs to accomplish outreach goals and objectives including communications, education, research community assistance, and quality management. Coordinate the administrative functions related to the education and professional development programs that GEDI provides to public sector local government agencies and state agencies including communications, marketing, and registration processes.
- Develops and coordinates outreach programs for targeted groups; assesses program needs, organizes program material; evaluates program success.
- Develops and conducts in-service training which includes program design and delivery.
- Meets with clientele to define needs or problem areas.
- Assists in the development of or develops marketing plans and publicity materials for distribution to a targeted audience.
- Develops and maintains a database and/or website related to a specific activity, project, or service. Acts as a project manager in planning and coordinating activities to support a specific program and may conduct research for an activity, program, or service and develop reports and strategies, and avenues to disseminate the information.
- Manages and assists in the development of budgets and maintains financial records related to a specific activity, project, or service.
- Excellent communication skills, writing, and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Adobe Suite are essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one prior to employment.
- Must be able to travel using own vehicle in the state and overnight work-related trips.
About Auburn: Auburn was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years! Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-for-auburn.
It’s a Lifestyle: The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel, perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town. You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s time to come home!
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
Level I Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to position with no experience.
Level II Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to position plus 2 years experience in the design, implementation, delivery and management of educational programs/services .
Level III Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to position plus 4 years experience in the design, implementation, delivery and management of educational programs/services .
Substitutions allowed for Experience:
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
Event management experience and experience working in the public sector with familiarity with local government and state government structures.
Posting Detail Information
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited
institution in Public Administration, Adult Education, or a degree
in discipline related to program?
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly (www.auemployment.com)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert