Director of Education Abroad
- Coastal Carolina University
- Conway, South Carolina
- SC State Pay Band: 06. Salary range: $43,030.00 (minimum) - $61,323.00 (midpoint).
- Posted Date
- Feb 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, International Programs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Education Abroad
Coastal Carolina University is accepting applications for the following position: Director of Education Abroad in the Center for Global Engagement.
Serving as a part of a dynamic team in the Center for Global Engagement (CGE) that supports campus internationalization initiatives and global perspective raising as a part of our institutional mission, this colleague will serve as a key administrative official in charge of advancing education abroad initiatives as a part of the university's strategic plan to increase accessibility to study abroad to a wider range of students in the coming years.
Reporting to the Associate Provost for Global Initiatives, this colleague will:
· Develop, manage, and evaluate strategic goal setting and implementation for education abroad opportunities in partnership with campus partners and disciplinary best practices to include study and internship, and engagement abroad programs such as short-term, long-term, faculty-led, conference, with attentiveness to best practices and advocacy for accessibility and inclusion in all programs and processes.
· Oversee and direct, with the support of the Education Abroad Services Coordinator, education abroad program processes from proposal development through approval processes, marketing and recruitment (in cooperation with faculty leaders/departments/colleges), student/departmental/partner inquiries, counseling to students and faculty/staff participants, and program support in pre-departure, while underway and upon return.
· Support and advance inclusive education abroad and global perspective raising activities through oversight and effective utilization of Terra Dotta, T4, and social media, scholarships, and on-campus programming serving as key administrator for each of these tools in support of education abroad.
· Administer, under the direction of the Associate Provost for Global Initiatives, appropriate risk management practices and policies and advocate for data-driven adjustments to these processes and policies to support safe, healthy education abroad experiences for CCU community members.
· Ensure appropriate budget management practices in all education abroad accounts in compliance with state and institutional guidelines and processes, contributes to effective partner exchange balance processes, and supports scholarship initiatives.
· Complete other duties as assigned on a timely basis, including collaboration in CGE and campus programming in support of global perspective raising, assessment, and some travel away from area in support of job tasks and departmental and/or institutional mission.
Requirements: A bachelor's degree with at least two (2) years of progressive experience in managing education abroad programs are required. Driver's license and a current, valid passport without restriction to travel are required.
Preferred qualifications: A master's degree and five (5) years of experience in managing study abroad programs or project portfolios with budgetary responsibility at a public university are preferred. Experience with Terra Dotta, Datatel, T-4, and social media systems is preferred. Experience with prestige international scholarship programs such as Fulbright, Rotary, Gilman, Boren, or Critical Languages is preferred. Ability to communicate in at least one language other than English is preferred. Active member of NAFSA is preferred.
Coastal Carolina University is a public comprehensive liberal arts institution located in Conway, South Carolina, just nine miles from the Atlantic coastal resort city of Myrtle Beach. Coastal Carolina University enrolls over 10,000 students from 49 states and 55 nations. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the baccalaureate and master’s degrees of national and/or regional significance in the arts and sciences, business, humanities, education, and health and human services, a specialist degree in instructional technology, and PhD degrees in marine science: coastal and marine systems science and education sciences.
Coastal Carolina University is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
How to Apply: Interested candidates may apply online at https://jobs.coastal.edu/postings/19475. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Desired start date of the position is June 12, 2023. Coastal Carolina University is an EO/AA employer.
Program Coordinator II (AH40/61122371/FTE-S00778P), full-time position with benefits. SC State Pay Band: 06. Salary range: $43,030.00 (minimum) - $61,323.00 (midpoint). Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. Normal work hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Must be flexible to meet the special scheduling needs of the university. May require overnight and international travel, as well as support outside regular work hours for international incident management for travelers of the university
Coastal Carolina University is a public comprehensive liberal arts institution located in Conway, South Carolina, minutes from the Atlantic coastal resort city of Myrtle Beach. Coastal Carolina University enrolls over 10,000 students from 46 states and 53 nations. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the baccalaureate and selective master’s degrees of national and/or regional significance in the arts and sciences, business, humanities, education, and health and human services, a specialist degree in educational leadership, and Ph.D. degrees in Marine Science and Education.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert