- Coastal Carolina University
- Conway, South Carolina
- Hiring range for this position is $60,000.00 - $70,000.00.
- Posted Date
- Feb 8, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Research Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Are you an experienced post-award Research Administrator with supervisory experience who is looking for your next professional adventure? Do you like working with details, facts and figures? Are you someone who would enjoy collaborating with dedicated professionals to support the research and other scholarly endeavors of faculty, staff and students? If any of these sound like you, please consider applying today!
Coastal Carolina University is a dynamic public institution located in Conway, just minutes from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and is currently seeking applications to fill a critical position in the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Services (OSPRS).
Serving as the university’s Assistant Director primary responsibilities will center on providing daily support for faculty, staff and students with active sponsored programs from federal, state and foundational funders.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Composing award documentation and preparing account set-up for new awards in the university’s financial, purchasing, contracting and grants management systems;
- Managing matters related to procurement, human resources, award revisions, programmatic and financial reports, contracts, subawards and time and effort reporting for federally sponsored projects;
- Supervising the Grants Business Assistant and providing oversight and managing the OSPRS operations in the absence of the Director;
- Working closely with Grants Accounting on financial issues, maintenance, reports and close-out processes;
- Providing training supports with faculty, department heads and campus administrators to discuss grant administration, procedures, guidelines and issues;
- Reviewing changes in federal regulations, sponsor specific guidelines and any other requirements and procedures for the administration of funded projects;
- Preparing grant and contract activity reports for the OSPRS Director and coordinating edits, data collection and reporting on the biennial OSPRS satisfaction survey.
Requirements: A bachelor’s degree and related experience is required.
Preferences: Experience with electronic grants management systems and experience. Experience with state, federal and private sponsor electronic grants management systems. Prior experience in public or private higher education, non- profit or government grant administration experience. Familiarity with University and federal regulations, policies, and procedures. Experience creating materials and delivering training to adult learners.
Additionally, a successful candidate should possess outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail; competency with Microsoft Office products; the ability to establish effective working relationships with university offices, federal, state and foundational organizations; and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Coastal Carolina University is a public comprehensive liberal arts institution located in Conway, South Carolina, just nine miles from the Atlantic coastal resort city of Myrtle Beach. Coastal Carolina University enrolls over 10,000 students from 49 states and 55 nations. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the baccalaureate and master’s degrees of national and/or regional significance in the arts and sciences, business, humanities, education, and health and human services, a specialist degree in instructional technology, and PhD degrees in marine science: coastal and marine systems science and education sciences.
Coastal Carolina University is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
How to apply: Interested applicants may apply on line at: https://jobs.coastal.edu/postings/19472. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Coastal Carolina University is an EO/AA employer.
Grants Administrator I (BE30/61121546/FTE-S00777P), full-time position with benefits. SC State Pay Band: 06. Salary range: $43,030.00 (minimum) - $79,616.00 (maximum). Hiring range for this position is $60,000.00 - $70,000.00. Normal work hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Must be flexible to meet the special scheduling needs of the University. Must have ability to work in a team environment with flexibility for occasional after-hours work and very limited daily and overnight travel.
Coastal Carolina University is a public comprehensive liberal arts institution located in Conway, South Carolina, minutes from the Atlantic coastal resort city of Myrtle Beach. Coastal Carolina University enrolls over 10,000 students from 46 states and 53 nations. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the baccalaureate and selective master’s degrees of national and/or regional significance in the arts and sciences, business, humanities, education, and health and human services, a specialist degree in educational leadership, and Ph.D. degrees in Marine Science and Education.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert