Experiential Partnerships Manager
- Northeastern University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Experiential Partnerships Manager
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Director Experiential Partnerships, the Experiential Partnerships Manager will be responsible for recruiting, sustaining, and facilitating academic partner and corporate partner sponsorships in support and service of the Experiential Network (XN) authentic learning program in conjunction with the colleges, courses, faculty, and students it serves. The core mission of the Experiential Network is to provide Northeastern University learners, both domestic and international, with opportunities to engage in short-term, academically relevant work experiences aligned with their course of study in order to reinforce academic theory with practical application. S/he will focus on assisting academic programs and campuses in meeting student needs for experiential learning through the cultivation of a rapidly increasing pool of company sponsorships to meet the growing demand for experiential learning opportunities at Northeastern University. This position is responsible for the following:
- Working in collaboration with the XN team, university faculty and academic program administrators, and others responsible for experiential partnerships, s/he will establish, develop, nurture, and sustain relationships with company partners that facilitate sponsorship of exceptional, best-fit authentic work opportunities for students participating in an array of experiential learning including but not limited to XN projects, co-op, and internships. He/she articulates and promotes the unique potential of Northeastern University students and facilitates outstanding project sponsor services/experiences that distinguish Northeastern University's Experiential Network program in relation to other institutions.
- Establish and draw upon strategic relationships with partner companies, alumni, faculty, institutional partners and colleagues, and external partners through outreach, community engagement, and other means to ensure that authentic projects are current, timely, and incorporate a rich variety of distinctive opportunities for students. This includes managing a portfolio of academic programs whose faculty actively embed XN projects and facilitating the match and support of sponsors and projects to faculty and courses within Northeastern.
- Provide monitoring and reporting by tracking sponsor and client interactions using online database(s) such as Salesforce to maintain records in accordance with relevant policies and develop other tracking/measuring resources as needed to support, sustain, and scale the program.
This position is based in Boston, MA, but may require some travel per quarter to graduate campuses to support students and cultivate employer sponsorship of authentic experiential learning opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred along with 3-4 years of professional work experience in employer/company relationships, managing, recruiting or equivalent.
- Experience working with diverse constituents in higher education (i.e. various employers, disciplines, students, faculty and administration). Work effectively with people of varying cultures and diversity.
- Experience teaching, advising in career development or experiential learning a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (including Teams), Salesforce, database programs and data management and analysis.
- Excellent skills in relationship building, event planning, marketing, public relations and data base management preferred.
- This position requires an individual who is goal oriented, possesses excellent presentation skills, is effective in building partnerships, extremely organized, professional and has a high level of customer service.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1) Project Sponsor Recruitment, Management, and Retention -
Establish, develop, nurture, and sustain/retain company relationships that facilitate sponsorship of exceptional, best-fit authentic work opportunities for students participating in experiential learning. Design and guide strategy for developing relationships to increase the number and variety of experiential learning opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and professional studies students. Develop and implement strategies for company sponsorships and recruiting, identify and strategize company recruiting priorities based on the evolving needs of academic programs and students, and identify and prioritize strategic activities around company engagement to expand, manage, and grow the pool of potential company sponsorships and academically relevant experiences for students. Identify high yield partnerships and work to deepen existing partnerships through retention activities.
2) Program Implementation Management and Growth -
Consult faculty and college(s) administration to target development efforts with academic programs for experiential learning. Manage a portfolio of academic programs across several colleges at Northeastern and work with and support domain and faculty leads to match projects to courses within targeted academic programs. Collaboratively serve Northeastern University academic programs and campuses, and other college partners to help support the design, development, and retention of academically relevant authentic experiential learning opportunities for students, strategize and implement ways to meet evolving student needs for experiential learning through recruitment, management, and cultivation of meaningful high-quality, relevant company sponsorships and relationships.
3) Documentation and Communication -
Help provide leadership and collaboration for hiring, training, and directing activities of staff as needed. Support tracking of sponsors/projects and students/faculty/academics using select databases (Salesforce) to record records in accordance with relevant policies. Implement and develop other tracking/measuring resources as needed to monitor and report on sponsor relationships and performance in support of authentic projects and other experiential learning initiatives and strategies as needed.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Experiential-Partnerships-Manager_R112835
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert