Research Assistant/Associate Professor
- Internal Medicine, University of Illinois College of Mediicne Peoria
- Peoria, Illinois
- Salary, rank, and tenure track commensurate with experience.
- Posted Date
- Feb 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Research Assistant/Associate Professor
Hiring Department: Medicine
Location: Peoria, IL USA
Requisition ID: 1016707
Posting Close Date: 3/1/2023
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria seeks a research faculty member for either a tenure or a non-tenure track faculty position as a Research Assistant/Associate Professor. Required doctorate degree (PhD or equivalent) in statistics, economics, public health or medicine with a strong background in research. Required strong statistical and methodological skills to conduct pulmonary, critical care, gastroenterological, cardiovascular disease or related research and teach in collaboration with other researchers in Research Services and Department of Medicine. Preference for candidate with history of extramural funding and peer-reviewed publications. Peoria is a mid-sized city ideal for convenient living while still close to major metropolitan centers.
Applicants should have extensive experience with study design, data analysis, and interpretation of results. A successful candidate will help faculty members, residents, fellows, and medical students with their research, and may pursue their own research program that fits within the goals of the Department of Medicine. Additionally, this position will be part of Research Services, which provides the research infrastructure to the College of Medicine Peoria. This position will collaborate with UICOMP and offers an intellectually exciting, collegial and supportive environment and extensive opportunities for interdisciplinary and interdepartmental collaboration.
Applicants must have a PhD, possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods and have a minimum of 3 years related research experience.
This position will help faculty members, residents, fellows, and medical students with their research, and may pursue their own research program that fits within the goals of the Department of Medicine. They will also teach topics related to research to medical students, residents, and/or fellows in lectures or seminars or small group learning experiences.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Collaborate with Faculty members to support the methodological portion of extramural funding applications.
· Report to and collaborate with the Director of Research Services and the Chair of the Department of Medicine.
· Teach topics related to research to medical students, residents, and/or fellows in lectures or seminars or small group learning experiences.
· Conduct research collaboratively with other faculty members of the College of Medicine.
· Support and develop the research and scholarly activities of the Department of Medicine.
· Mentor residents and faculty in study design and good research practices.
· Serve on appropriate educational committees at the College of Medicine.
· Serve on the Peoria Institutional Review Board as requested by the Director of Research Services.
· Function as a faculty person within the statutes of the University of Illinois.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Research Services and/or the Chair of the Department of Medicine.
- Required doctorate degree (PhD or equivalent) in statistics, economics, public health, or/and medicine.
- Required strong statistical and methodological skills.
- Required working experience with large micro-data sets.
- Required excellent written and oral presentation skills including ability to write in different styles including academic journals.
- Required experience as independent author or leading a team of co-authors of peer- reviewed articles.
- Required interest and experience in teaching at professional and graduate levels.
- Required ability to manage/lead research projects and staff.
- A minimum of 3 years related research experience.
The University of Illinois system has an excellent benefits package available including vacation and sick time, CME health and life insurance and retirement plan.
For fullest consideration, please apply by 02/21/2023 at:
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
The university provides accommodations to applicants and employees. Request an Accommodation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert