Program Coordinator, PLN (16488)
- American University
- District of Columbia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 7, 2023
Get to Know American University
At American University we value open and honest inquiry, servant leadership, and the affirmation of the human dignity of all. We envision a thriving AU community where individuals of all identities and experiences are understood, appreciated, and fully included, and where equitable treatment, opportunities, and outcomes prevail.
Our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff represent every state and more than 150 countries. Our internationally recognized faculty are today's thought leaders in the areas of public policy, law, the arts, communications, international development, and more. Our staff are innovative, service-oriented, and dedicated to moving the university towards achieving its strategic goals. We are committed to an excellent experience for all of our students, faculty and staff and share a passion for creating change through our knowledge and our work.
Learn more about American University by clicking here .
This position will be responsible for the administrative, logistical, and programmatic support for the Program on Legislative Negotiation. The Program on Legislative Negotiation is designed to help overcome legislative gridlock and has four core objectives: providing negotiation training for legislative members/staff, training students and professionals through experiential learning programs, facilitating and applying research on effective legislative negotiation, and building a community of scholars, journalists, policymakers and others who share these goals.
- Administrative and Programmatic Support: Provide administrative, research, and programmatic support for all program matters. Coordinate all program administrative matters. Support the use of online platforms for all program deliverables and objectives. Provide support for travel, budget, and logistics related to the grant including subawards, contractors, and consultants. Ensure Program Director is kept informed of all matters related to the grant. Responsible for preparing documents and maintaining up to date records. Coordinate matters related to website and social media issues. Ensure timely meeting of deadlines.
- Plan, Implement, and Support Meetings, Workshops, and Trainings: Organize, implement, and promote project meetings and events. Collaborate with partners to coordinate all aspects of meetings and workshops. Assist with training logistics, in coordination with the Program Director and supporting partner organizations. Provide support to all trainings. Support the Program Director with the design and implementation of online trainings. Manage logistics of program events. Support Program Director in drafting communication.
- Grant Reporting and Evaluation Support: Assist the Program Director with grant-reporting, evaluation, timelines, and tracking deliverables. Keep detailed records of all activities conducted under the grant. Assist in preparing regular reports of grant activities.
- Research and Teaching Assistance: Assist the Program Director with the administrative and logistical aspects of research projects. Support relevant course/experiential learning design and logistics. Complete research assignments.
- The position is based in Washington, D.C. at American University Washington College of Law. Periodic travel may be required.
- 35 hours/week
- Coordinator A
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience should include related administrative and coordination responsibilities
- Graduate/Juris Doctor coursework, degree, or equivalent
- Coursework in legislative issues, including negotiation, drafting, process, and research
- Previous legislative/ Capitol Hill experience.
- Minimum of one to three years of related project management and event planning experience
- Previous legislative experience
- Coursework in legislative drafting, legislative negotiations, and/or legislative procedure
- Strong interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Zoom, Skype, and other online communication platforms
- Proven ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Ability to work well under pressure, including planning for and meeting tight deadlines
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of the vetting requirements of the USG Risk Analysis Management (RAM) System.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn more about our health and safety directive .
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AU offers a competitive benefits package including a 200% matching retirement plan, tuition benefits for full-time staff and their families, several leadership development certificates, and has been recognized by the American Heart Association as a fit-friendly worksite.Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options .
Current American University Employees
If you are a current employee at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert