- Austin Community College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Auxiliary Services, Grants & Contracts
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Job Description Summary:
To efficiently procure goods and services for Austin Community College (ACC) District in accordance with the applicable laws, administrative rules, policies, and procurement procedures.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Procures goods and services for ACC after determining the
correct solicitation method to process purchase requisitions taking
into consideration the total cost, timeliness, competitive bidding,
and existing contracts.
- Collaborates with business partners to clarify purchasing
requests and refines specifications to align solicitation
documentation with departmental needs.
- Responds to routine inquiries and administers contracts by
applying extension options, monitoring, and rectifying contractors'
performance or non-performance, and composing formal notifications;
monitors vendor reports and encourages users to utilize such
- Facilitates and administers the solicitation process including
legal and product research, writing specifications and bids,
coordinating with business partners and other stakeholders,
attending pre-proposal and evaluation meetings, conducting site
visits, and providing recommendations.
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers by
expediting purchasing processes; collaboratively develops and
ensures positive rapport with customers through effective verbal
and written communication.
- Manages online vendors system by reviewing orders, creating
purchase orders, and releasing orders online; coordinates system
users' personal information, adds new users and vendors to the
system, and verifies correct budget and object codes to be
- Delivers training and presentations with an emphasis on
conveying new processes.
- Works on special projects and initiates new processes in
compliance with technological trends including initiation of
e-surplus auction, online ordering system, and vendor performance
- Processes purchase orders by verifying product and source
validity, model numbers, and item descriptions; determines best
method for procurement for all purchases; complies with all legal
requirements and regulatory deadlines.
- Updates and completes procurement and requisition reports for
internal and external customers, supervisors, managers, and
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Public purchasing.
- Purchasing laws, procedures, and regulations.
- Contract management and negotiation processes.
- Purchasing application software.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Writing and analyzing complex requests for proposals and other
- Preparing and/or processing purchase orders.
- Complying with all purchasing laws, regulations, and
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing using tact and
- Ability to listen to business partners' needs, while
simultaneously adhering to protocols and guidelines.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the
ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail, and promptly follow
- Ability to influence and make decisions by applying independent
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and
- Establishing and maintaining effective working
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and
- Two years related work experience.
- Progressive work experience in a purchasing/procurement,
contract administration or material management environment.
- Associate degree.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Certified Texas Purchaser (CTP) or Certified Professional
Public Buyer (CPPB) Certification.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working
conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to
prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
$49,205 - $61,506
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
February 20, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert