- Northwood University
- Michigan, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 6, 2023
Northwood University seeks a Web Specialist to be responsible for leadership, direction, development, creation, and maintenance of Northwood University’s primary websites, as well as the user experience, design, content, architecture, accessibility, and management of the following:
The Web Specialist supports Northwood University’s communication and marketing efforts by developing, executing, and managing a successful, user-focused website experience that is aligned with the University’s strategic priorities.
The Specialist will provide website leadership for the Marketing team and collaborate with colleagues across university departments, as well as engage with external (off-campus) audiences, including prospective students, alumni, donors, and related external partners.
- Manage Northwood University’s online presence with priority focused on the www.northwood.edu website and developing and implementing digital strategies that maximize the visibility and reputation of the university.
- Strengthen the Northwood University brand, advance the strategic priorities of the university, and support student recruitment, alumni engagement, and philanthropy.
- Facilitate ongoing qualitative and quantitative improvement across the website and other digital platforms.
- Survey aspirational websites (particularly those in higher education) and assesses best practices and web trends data for use in website planning and development to incorporate into Northwood’s site.
- Develop comprehensive, measurable goals and strategies, including needs assessment, planning, implementation, audience engagement and life cycle-management.
- Determine objectives and key results (OKRs) and regularly analyze website data to accurately track campaign performance and provide strategies for potential improvement.
- Optimize marketing automation and lead nurturing processes with the latest SEO and SEM best practices that results in increased engagement of key external audiences.
- Find new approaches to lead nurturing, including but not limited to channels like events, content development, workflow implementation and professional digital outreach.
• T rain employees on relevant marketing tools including content management systems, marketing automation tools, and analytics platforms.
- Support the Marketing team by completing other assignments related to the team's broader goals of advancing Northwood’s reputation and visibility as needed, including coverage of major events on campus. Manage digital content, copywriting, and copy editing (website content, blog articles, news sites, whitepapers, social media).
- Assess and implement regular updates towards meeting ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance.
- Evaluate photography and visual needs across the website regularly and facilitate image updates to keep the site design current.
- Collaborate with Athletics department to ensure consistent branding and messaging on www.gonorthwood.com .
- BA or BS in Web Design, Marketing, Communications, Management, (Computer or Management) Information Systems, Data Analytics, or a related field.
- 3+ years of full-time experience with proven results in web-based content marketing, SEM/SEO, PPC advertising, lead generation, quantitative analysis and management of third party web-based platforms.
- Proficiency in online search engines, web-based applications and software, and web, social, and digital analytics platforms.
- Flexibility to meet work deadlines which may include nights and weekends.
- Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the Senior Marketing and Communications Officer.
Competitive benefits package available including health, dental, vision and life insurance; retirement benefits; generous leave plan; flex spending plan; and tuition benefits for employee and family.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert