Associate Director of Technology Services (Administrator I), Palm Desert Campus (PDC)
- California State University, San Bernardino
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Associate Director of Technology Services (Administrator I), Palm Desert Campus (PDC)
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 519435
Work type: Management (MPP)
Categories: MPP, At-Will, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
Build your future
Work with the best
Be your authentic self
Focus on you
Make a lasting impact
Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
Bring everything you are, become everything you want
Our mission is to support student, faculty and staff success by providing world class customer service, fostering faculty-led innovation and research, and enhancing operational efficiency through the effective use of information technologies.
The ITS Division is guided by the following principles:
Under general direction of the Deputy Chief Information Officer the Associate Director of Technology Services for Palm Desert Campus (PDC) is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions at the PDC. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements, campus technology standards, as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications, systems, infrastructure, and development of new technical solutions.
- Responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions at the Palm Desert Campus (PDC). Direct, lead, and manage Information Technology Services team, composed of four FTEs. Responsible for hiring, evaluating, disciplining staff personnel.
- Provide support for over 70 different educational programs and services at the PDC that spans across five different colleges from the San Bernardino (SB) Campus.
- Responsible for integration of operational and technical needs for the students, faculty, staff, and community of the Coachella Valley.
- Manage projects, troubleshoot, and resolve issues regarding configuration, support, and operations of the PDC including off-campus centers such as iHub.
- Serve on the PDC leadership team as a liaison between PDC and various aspects of campus operation on the SB campus, including but not limited to Parking Services, Facilities, UPD, Student Services, etc. Provide innovative insight and projects that align with the CSUSB ITS strategic plan. Forecast future technology needs for students, faculty, and staff at PDC.
- Lead the team in modeling diversity and inclusion efforts that are critical to sustained success. Support CSUSB initiatives such as Graduation Initiative 2025, and the CSUSB/ITS/Palm Desert strategic plans and master plans.
- Committee Involvement: Participate various campus committees such as: IT Governance Sub-Committee, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) group, Technology Advisory Group (TAG), EMS Support Group, etc.
- Planning & Fiscal: Manage IT related purchases and asset management.
- Responsible for managing and delivering core IT services and infrastructure that is utilized 24/7 by over 2000 users. This includes all departments that operates out of PDC including Library, Health Center, Advising, Advancement, etc.
- Classroom Support: Oversee academic classroom technology operations and needs such as Audio/Visual including Next Generation Smart Classrooms. Maintain instructional labs and open computer labs, printing kiosks, etc.
- Technology Operations: Collaborate with SB teams to oversee technologies and application support such as VoIP phones, computer/workstation management and upgrades, OneCard, wired and wireless network, printing, laptop/technology lending program, parking kiosk, etc.
- Oversee the technology needs to support campus security initiatives, including security camera system, emergency phones, etc.
Employment Status: Full time, At-Will, Exempt
Application Review Date: This position will remain open until filled. The initial review of applications will begin on February 20, 2023.
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required.
- Knowledge of IT trends, principles, concepts, and standards and the ability to effectively implement those trends and concepts to improve technological services to the campus community.
- Proven ability to lead a progressive IT group and effectively supervise technical staff
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning innovative technologies
Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree or related experience.
Experience: 2 - 5 years of professional and supervisory experience.
- Master's Degree or related experience
- Ten (10) years' experience within Information Technology
- Experience in implementing effective and innovative information technologies in a higher education environment
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,750 - $9,785 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,750 - $11,146 per month
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs which further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values which discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include, but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert