Director of Prospect Development/Management
- Quinnipiac University
- Connecticut, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Management, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Development & Advancement, Alumni Affairs, Executive, Executive Directors, Other Executive
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Quinnipiac University's Office of Development and Alumni Affairs invites applications for a Director of Prospect Development/Management. The Director is primarily responsible for prospect management of all major gift prospects through the moves management development cycle. They will be responsible for monitoring and tracking prospects while also increasing the size and quality of the qualified prospect pool. The Director will also conduct portfolio audits and serve as the team lead for prospect management policy in collaboration with the AVP of Development.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Leads a comprehensive prospect tracking system, performing prospect and portfolio analysis on a regular basis and works closely with the AVP of Advancement Services and AVP of Development to ensure prospects are moved through the moves management cycle. Provides accountability reporting for the top-rated prospects
- Leads the execution of prospect identification, capacity ratings, portfolio management, and prospect data review
- Works collaboratively with other members of the Advancement Services team, fundraisers, and senior staff to implement prospect management strategies
- Works closely with the Director of Research on the delivery of research briefing materials for the University President, Deans and senior leaders major prospect visits and events
- Assures the creation and execution of a comprehensive plan for ongoing identification of potential public and private funding sources aligning with university priorities and fundraising goals
- Contributes significantly to high-level strategy discussions around fundraising projections, pipeline, and prospect pools
- Convenes regular, structured prospect strategy meetings focusing on major and principal gift prospects in tandem with the AVP of Development
- Manages high priority and specialty projects as they arise
- Perform specific tasks as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Advancement Services
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education requirements
- 5-7 years of experience in prospect management or development
- Strong analytical skills
- High degree of familiarity with development information
systems, including comfort in using specialized software to
summarize portfolio and individual prospect-related activity
- Very strong communication and relationship-building
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visitwww.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: February 06, 2023 Eastern Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert