Technical Assistant I - Office Manager: Registration Services
- Sullivan County Community College
- Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759
- $43,118.85 - $45,388.27
- Posted Date
- Feb 7, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Office Manager is a hands-on position where the essential functions include a combination of secretarial tasks, customer service, staff and/or student orientations and the coordination of departmental processes and services. The work is performed in accordance with the general instructions received from the Director of Registration Services/Registrar or designee, with wide leeway permitted for the exercise of independent judgement.
This position may entail working some Saturdays and evening hours.
This position reports to the Director of Registration Services/Registrar or designee and may supervise clerical support staff and work study students.
This is a noncompetitive Civil Service position and the incumbent is a member of the Teamsters Union.
- Associates Degree in Secretarial Science, Business Administration, Office Management, or similar field of study.
- Two to three years of experience in a busy office, which includes at least one year of supervising support staff. Experience in a college or university setting a plus.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience as listed above.
- General knowledge of methods used in keeping financial accounts and records.
- Typing/keyboarding skills of at least 50 words per minute.
- Proficiency in current operating system used: Microsoft Office software, particularly Outlook/Google, Word and Excel. Knowledge of Jenzabar One a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary for working with diverse groups of people with varying backgrounds. Must communicate effectively with staff, faculty, administrators, students, athletes, and parents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the maintenance of departmental records and/or databases for efficiency and accuracy.
- Follow FERPA regulation
- Assists Director of Registration Services/Registrar or designee with running reports on Jenzabar and executes other administrative/clerical processes and duties, from general indication as to content.
- Confers with the Director of Registration Services/Registrar or designee on the revision of procedures, policies and operational workflow changes.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual department budget.
- Trains and supervises Civil Service personnel, work-study employees, student aides and volunteers in the various tasks associated with the operations of the office.
- Directs the flow of work to department clerical staff and all other support staff, schedules meetings and coordinates processes, events and calendars for the Director of Registration Services/Registrar or designee.
- Acts as a resource person and disseminator of department information by answering telephone and walk-in inquires and routine questions posed by staff, students, and community members, referring them, as appropriate, to other campus resources.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written directions.
- Process Add/Drop/Withdrawal of students
- Process transcript requests, in person or via the National Student Clearinghouse
- Help non-matriculated students register for courses
- Answer all incoming emails or assign them to other Registration Services staff members.
- Process degree verification
- Assist with mailing – diplomas, Academic Standing, transcripts
- Assists entire team with advertising programs/brochures/flyers, as needed.
- Helps process travel paperwork for staff
- Ensures the proper processing of purchase requests, billing and ordering of supplies and inventory.
- Attends ASG, Jenzabar User, and One Stop meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Registration Services/Registrar or designee.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert