Alumni Engagement Manager
- North Carolina Central University
- North Carolina, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Development & Advancement
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Alumni Engagement Manager
North Carolina Central University
Closing Date: at 11:55 PM
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Alumni Engagement Manager is responsible for assisting in the management, development, implementation, and evaluation of programs that serve and engage NCCU Alumni to include the planning and coordination of NCCU alumni events, services and benefits. The Manager will provide oversight of event logistics and support for reunions, homecoming activities and other key alumni initiatives. In addition, the successful candidate will serve as a liaison for the office of alumni relations between various university programs, identifying volunteer opportunities for student and alumni engagement, complete report requests for multiple constituents and serve as a member of various university committees. Reporting to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Alumni Relations and working collaboratively with other leaders within University Advancement, the Alumni Engagement Manager is responsible for setting and managing both annual goals and long-range plans for alumni engagement.
Bachelors’ degree from an accredited university with 4-6 year’s experience in marketing, event planning, and volunteer management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of alumni engagement and advancement in higher education.
- Excellent skills in cultivating relationships, including outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication abilities.
- Experience in recruiting, managing, and motivating volunteers.
- Experience with marketing and communications to specific and segmented audiences.
- Ability to recruit and manage volunteers of all ages while providing superior customer service.
- Experience with utilizing and communicating on all social media and text messaging platforms.
- Knowledge of database research and maintenance, including experience with Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong problem solving and analytical sills, with the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Discretion and professionalism to work with donors and donor data.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with a diverse employee and student population.
- Requires advanced knowledge of computerized systems and operating environments i.e. Microsoft Office Products and specialized computer systems.
- Ability to work independently on multiple concurrent projects and collaboratively as a team member.
- Possesses strong leadership, organization and customer relations skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a team player as well as develop and foster communication an d teamwork with a diverse audience.
- A passionate understanding of NCCU, alumni engagement and the importance of philanthropy.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.nccu.edu/
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert