Graphic Design Instructor - Full-time, Tenure-track
- College of Marin
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Other Business & Management
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Graphic Design Instructor - Full-time, Tenure-track
Salary: $68,288.00 - $117,363.00 Annually
Closing Date: 3/5/2023
Job Type: Full-time, Tenure-track Faculty
Location: Kentfield & Indian Valley (Novato) - In Person, CA
ANTICIPATED START DATE: Fall Semester 2023 (August)
This position performs its duties in person on both the Kentfield and Indian Valley (Novato) campuses, so if not already residing within the Bay Area, the successful candidate must be willing to relocate.
Please review the Required Application Documents section below to ensure that you are attaching everything required.
Applicants should be prepared that, if selected to interview for a position at the College, interviews may be held in person or remotely, depending on the District's needs.
Applications must include the documents listed in the Required Application Documents section to be rendered complete; incomplete applications will not be accepted. Once a screening has taken place, applicants will be notified of their status. Applicants selected to interview will be contacted to schedule an interview appointment with the screening committee, and those who are forwarded by the committee following the first interview will be invited for a second interview. Regrettably, College of Marin is not able to offer reimbursement for travel or relocation at this time.
The Graphic Design Program provides transfer, professional preparation, with career related training for designers and artists. Each course provides hands-on experience to develop a portfolio for professional advancement, and transfer preparation for university degrees. Courses are offered online and at both campuses.
College of Marin strives to embrace diversity in all forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened and productive environment and demonstrates sensitivity to and respect for a diverse population.
COM serves a county population of approximately 250,000 residents. Based on 2020-2021 academic year credit enrollment data, the diversity of students at the college includes greater representation than the county with regards to enrollment by Hispanic/Latino (30% of enrollment), Asian (7%), Black/African American (3%), and Multi-racial (6%) students.
College of Marin is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of, or perception of, race, ethnic group identification, ancestry, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, genetic condition, status as a veteran, and is subject to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Civil Rights Act of 1991, Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. In accordance with Executive Order 11246 (as amended), COM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FOREIGN DEGREE HOLDERS
Applicants Who Hold Degrees Obtained Outside the U.S.: Please see the Foreign Degree Holder section below to ensure that you are attaching a foreign credential evaluation if necessary.
All faculty members must be available to provide instruction in the classroom (in person). Please note that the College does not offer online-only teaching assignments.
- Color, Design, Illustration, Photo Imaging/Editing, Layout, Production, Typography, and Vector artwork.
Requirements & Desirables
- Any Bachelor's degree AND three years of professional experience in the field; or
- The equivalent*; and
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the campus community
*If you feel that you qualify under equivalency, please provide the basis for this claim in your application where indicated (in the Agency Questions section of the application) and submit supporting evidence where applicable (as an attachment). (Copies of applicable transcripts must accompany your application and all foreign credentials must be accompanied by a Foreign Credential Evaluation in order for equivalency to be determined.)
A Bachelor's degree in Art, Design, Multimedia or closely-related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Desirable Attributes & Skills)
Beyond the Minimum Qualifications, the following teaching competencies are desirable:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Prior to employment, the selected candidate will be required to complete the following:
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
The following documents must be attached to your application in order to render it complete. Use the Attachment Type indicated in parentheses when making your attachments.
- Cover Letter (cover letter)
- Resume (resume)
- Complete copies of all college transcripts, conferring degrees (transcript).
- STATEMENT - Please provide a response to the following prompt (one page maximum; statement):
FOREIGN DEGREE HOLDERS:
Where applicable, foreign degree credentials must be evaluated by a third party to determine the equivalent U.S. degree and major. Please review the following points carefully to determine whether you must submit a Foreign Credential Evaluation (FCE) with your application. Evaluations should provide the name of the institution attended, a description of your credentials, the major of study, and the U.S. equivalent for each credential. For a list of evaluating agencies, visit the State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- If you satisfy the minimum educational requirement with a degree that was granted in the U.S., but your previous degree(s) was obtained from a foreign institution, you do not need to attach a Foreign Credential Evaluation (FCE) for your previous degree(s). You must, however, attach a copy of a (translated) transcript for the previous degree. For additional clarification of acceptable transcripts, please contact Human Resources.
- If your degree that satisfies the minimum educational requirement was obtained from a foreign institution, you must submit an FCE for that degree and any other foreign degrees leading up to it.
- If you are asserting equivalence (see Minimum Qualifications for Faculty/Administrators (Download PDF reader) on the Human Resources web site) because your degree does not specifically match the minimum educational requirements as listed and any of your degrees was obtained outside the U.S., you must attach an FCE for your foreign degree(s).
Supplemental & Salary Information
BARGAINING UNIT & RETIREMENT PLAN
UPM - Full-time Faculty:
Employees in this position classification are represented by the United Professors of Marin (UPM/AFT 1610). Faculty members are required to comply fully with the United Professors of Marin Collective Bargaining Agreement, including payment of union dues or charitable contributions. General information regarding rights and responsibilities under the Agreement can be found in the Collective Bargaining Agreements section of our Human Resources site. Full-time faculty also participate in the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS) through District and employee contributions. (Where www.marin.edu/humanres/ is the link for “Human Resources”)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Please refer to the United Professors of Marin (UPM/AFT) salary schedule our Human Resources web site for salary schedules. Step 14 is the highest entering step for permanent teachers new to the District. Salary placement is non-negotiable and is dependent upon verified background and experience.
HEALTH, WELFARE and FRINGE BENEFITS
Marin Community College District (MCCD) offers a generous suite of health, welfare, and fringe benefits for benefit-eligible Full-time Faculty, including:
- Medical Insurance: MCCD contributes up to $25,200 annually toward the employee's and eligible dependents' medical premium and offers four plan options through Kaiser and Blue Shield.
- Dental Insurance: Delta Dental coverage for employee and dependents (premium paid by MCCD).
- Vision Insurance: VSP coverage for employee and dependents (premium paid by MCCD).
- Sick Leave: Accrues on an annual rate of 10 days per year; possible additional sick leave is accruable for work assigned during intersession.
- Retirement Pension Plan (CalSTRS): MCCD contributes 19.10% of employee's creditable earnings to CalSTRS on a monthly basis. Mandatory employee contribution for 2022/2023 is 10.205% - 10.25%, depending on original date of membership and prior membership status. Note: Neither CalSTRS members nor MCCD contributes to Social Security for CalSTRS-covered service.
- Voluntary Retirement Savings Plans: Additional tax-advantaged 403(b) or 457(b) retirement savings plans are also offered.
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance: $50,000 (premium paid by MCCD)
- Voluntary Life Insurance: Coverage for employee, spouse and/or child(ren) (employee-paid)
- Long-Term Disability: (premium paid by MCCD)
- Short-Term Disability: (employee-paid)
- Voluntary AD&D Insurance: Coverage for employee, spouse and/or child(ren) (employee-paid)
- Other Employee-Paid Benefits: Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs); optional indemnity plans; pet insurance; Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
KEY: ALL = All members eligible; BS = Blue Shield members eligible; KA = Kaiser members eligible
- 24/7 Helpline through the Employee Assistance Program (ALL)
- Expert Medical Opinions through Teladoc (ALL)
- 24/7 Physician Access through MD Live (BS)
- Generic Medications through Costco (BS)
- Enhanced Cancer Benefit through Contigo Health (BS)
- Hip, Knee, and Spine Surgical Benefit through Carrum Health (BS)
- Personal Health Coaching through Vida Health (BS)
- Physical Therapy for Back and Joint Pain (BS)
- Discounts for Gym memberships, Hearing Aids and LASIK Eye Surgery (BS)
- ClassPass: Kaiser Permanente has teamed up with fitness industry leader ClassPass to make it easier for employees to exercise from the comfort of their homes (KA).
To apply: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/collegeofmarin/jobs/3894173/graphic-design-instructor-full-time-tenure-track?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert