East Carolina University
Range: Commensurate with
Date: Open Until Filled
The Office of Student
Services is part of the College of Nursing in the Health Science
Division. Student Services is responsible for the oversight of
recruitment, admission, advisement of intended and declared nursing
majors, registration, clinical compliance and graduation services
in the college. This office serves approximately 1500 intended
majors, 650 declared undergraduate majors, 650 graduate students
and 30 doctoral students as well as numerous prospective
College of Nursing is currently seeking applications of an Academic
Advisor to serve as a member of the academic advising team. The
primary purpose of this position is to provide academic advising to
enrolled, intended and declared nursing majors. Below is a list of
specific job duties and responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assists students in analyzing and evaluating academic
needs/choices to increase retention and timely graduation.
- Provides readily available academic advisement to meet student
needs to increase retention.
- Makes referrals to College of Nursing counselor, Director of
Student Services, and the Associate Dean for Undergraduate
- Provides a centralized source of accurate and up-to-date
information for academic and career planning.
- Provides clarification of University and College of Nursing
policies and procedures.
- Advises students as to appropriate courses to meet
- Implements the advising/registration process for students.
- Assists during university freshman orientation and College of
- Meets with prospective students and families.
- Teach a section of COAD 1000.
- Master’s degree in nursing, counseling, or education, or a
- Substantial knowledge of the academic rules and policies of the
University and a College of Nursing
Preferred Experience, Skills,
- Extensive knowledge in the requirements for the degree program
in the College of Nursing
- Knowledge of degree requirements for related programs in other
Special Instructions to
East Carolina University
requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order
to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a
candidate profile online, please submit online the required
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- List of Three References (noting contact information)
Additional Instructions to
In order to be considered
for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile
online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested
documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred
education and experience must also possess the minimum
education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please
submit an online ECU application for vacancy #002343 to ECU Human
Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Visit this job posting https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/44013