Vice President, Administrative Services Announcement
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents, Executive, Chancellors & Presidents, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Location address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Vice President, System Office Administrative Services serves as a Financial and Administrative Officer and the Chief Ethics Officer for Lone Star College (LSC) System Office. Provides leadership and oversight of budgets and financial planning, as well as multiple administrative areas that may include, but are not limited to, construction and facilities operations, business services, and vending and food services. This position reports to the Senior AVC of Administrative Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the financial planning of LSC System Office Administrative Services activities; Projects income and expenditures, and analyzes and coordinates budget development within allocations; Monitors and controls expenditures within guidelines established by LSC policies and limitations
- Manages and provides leadership for the student account functions that include but are not limited to cashiering, third party billing, collections, cash management, and customer service. Partner with assigned LSC location(s) leadership in the areas of fiscal accountability, including final responsibility for all financial transactions, record keeping, report preparation, inventory control, and financial and payroll document control
- Responsible for the delivery of all facilities management services for assigned LSC location(s). Services include, but are not limited to: general maintenance, HVAC maintenance, central plant maintenance, generator maintenance, janitorial services, lawn care services, shipping/receiving, and mail services, etc.
- Works with the Sr. Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services and other LSC leadership to develop LSC protocols to enhance efficiencies and operational functionality. Ensures compliance with all applicable internal and external rules, regulations, guidelines contractual requirements, as well as with LSC policies and procedures. Creates and maintains positive community interaction and partnerships, both internal and external, including attendance at regional and national professional organizations
- Serves as liaison between System Office and a variety of departments and LSC leadership, and serves on various committees and councils as appropriate
- Advises the Senior Associate Vice Chancellor, Administrative Services regarding strategic initiatives and planning, and assists in the development and review of policies to be recommended to the LSC Executive Council
- Serves as Chief Ethics Officer for LSC System Office
- Strong commitment to diversity of the college’s workforce
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of business, accounting, budget software/applications
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with System faculty and staff and the general public including verbal, written, and electronic communiqués
- Ability to oversee, plan, and implement major programs and services for the organization
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires incumbent to be sensitive to change and responsive to changing goals, priorities, and needs
- Ability to perform work that encompasses advanced technical, scientific, legal, or mathematical concepts
- Ability to determine goals, policies, and desired outcomes for multiple units
- Ability to manage the budget within an assigned department and to determine allocation of budget among departments
- Ability to successfully handle purchasing authority of over $25,000 without supervisory approval
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Master’s Degree and at least 10 years of related work experience, with at least 5 years in a Manager- or Director-level position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Doctoral degree
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply
This search is being facilitated by Robert Half Executive Search. Candidates should send their materials directly to Robert Half at: email@example.com .
The following items are required to be submitted directly and only to the search consultant via e-mail attachments:
- COVER LETTER , detailing how your education experiences/background align with this Position Profile
- RESUME, detailing education and experiences for consideration for the Position Profile
REFERENCES will be requested only of finalists and should be limited to 1 typed page, and include two supervisors, two direct reports, two full-time faculty members, and one community reference. The references must include names, titles, business and personal phone numbers, and e-mail addresses. References will not be contacted without the consultant’s prior notification to the applicant. Transcripts will be required of all finalists. Official transcripts must be provided to Lone Star College by the successful candidate as a condition of hire.
For questions, contact the search consultant via e-mail noted below (including requests for phone conversation, in which you should also list times and number at which you may be reached).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert