Open Rank Professor of Professional and Continuing Studies
- College of Professional and Continuing Studies
- Norman, Oklahoma
- $60,000 - $100,000
- Posted Date
- Feb 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The College of Professional and Continuing Studies at the University of Oklahoma seeks applicants for six (6) full-time ranked, renewable-term faculty to serve as lead instructional faculty in their respective disciplines, with a starting date of August 16, 2023. Appointment at the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor will depend on the faculty member’s qualifications and experience. The College of Professional and Continuing Studies encourages applications from all interested and qualified parties. Our mission statement and other information can be found at pacs.ou.edu.
Successful candidates will join the College’s effort in offering online, undergraduate adult degree completion opportunities. Current degree options include: Organizational Leadership, Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Health Care Management, and Integrative Studies. This is a 12-month position, located on the Norman Campus; in exceptional cases, a remote location will be considered.
Lead instructional faculty will be responsible for a four-course online teaching load per in the fall and spring semesters and a three-credit class in the summer. Successful candidates will provide subject matter expertise and curricular guidance, contributing to college service activities as appropriate for a full-time faculty member.
- Master’s degree and industry or academic experience in one of the content areas that pertain to the College’s adult degree completion programs. These content areas include Organizational Leadership, Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Health Care Management, or Humanities.
- Experience with teaching high-quality, innovative online programming for adult learners.
- Skill in communicating with a wide range of stakeholders and a commitment to collegiality and collaborative decision making.
- Ph.D. or terminal degree in one of the disciplinary areas served by the adult degree completion program.
- A distinguished record of supporting inclusive excellence related to the instruction of a diverse audience of learners.
- A demonstrated ability to show courtesy and respect in interactions with fellow faculty, students, college staff, consistent with the core values of the College of Professional and Continuing Studies.
- Knowledge of and experience with higher education faculty concerns/issues, shared governance, learning outcome assessment, program review and accreditation, emerging online and/or distance learning issues, and innovative programming for adult undergraduate degree completion.
Applicants are invited to submit a comprehensive cover letter, current C.V., and contact information for three academic/professional references to https://apply.interfolio.com/119458. Additional materials may be requested at a later date. The search will remain open until filled.
Inquiries should be directed to the search committee chair:
Dr. Gregg Garn, Interim Dean, College of Professional & Continuing Studies
University of Oklahoma
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, or health care services that the University operates or provides.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Mission of the University of Oklahoma
The Mission of the University of Oklahoma is to provide the best possible educational experience for our students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to the state and society.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert