Intern for Programming
- Miami University (Ohio)
- Oxford, Ohio
- $25,000 to $28,000
- Posted Date
- Feb 6, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Athletics
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Intern for Programming Salary/Grade:
$25,000 - $28,000
This is a pooled position and we'll hire multiple candidates. The following are duties our Intern/s could/will provide for Goggin Ice Center dependent on experience. Assist in the administration, management, and marketing of all operational and programming aspects of the Goggin Ice Center youth skating and hockey programs. Coach one of four ACHA ice hockey teams or support Miami's Ice Skating Club. Direct/run or support Miami Youth Hockey skill development days. Coach and help manage/supervise Goggin Ice Center Learn to Skate program. Intern for Programming will act as Manager on Duty, provide supervision of special events, teach Sports Leadership and Management (SLAM) classes, and support ice skating programming as assigned. The exact work schedule will vary, but will include nights and weekends.
Employment benefit package includes Stipend, Academic Fee Waiver, Medical/Dental, Retirement Plan, Paid Sick Leave and Vacation time.
• Supervise Arena activities. Open and close the Arena on assigned days.
• Assist with youth hockey programming on-ice instruction, coaching, and clinics per USA Hockey guidelines.
• Develop lesson plans for youth hockey skills development and oversee ice sessions
• Teach and assist in Learn to Skate USA group lessons.
• Assist with the management and supervision of all Intramural activities.
• Assist with the teaching of one to four SLM academic classes per semester.
• Assist with the summer ice hockey and/or ice skating camps as a senior staff member.
• Coach within the summer Ice Hockey and or skating camp.
• Assist with special events and activities.
• Assist with building operations including. ice management machines, as assigned
• Assist with the marketing efforts for all Goggin programming.
• Assist with student employee scheduling.
• Assist in the pro shop, skate counter, and customer service area.
• Assist with the maintenance of arena equipment to ensure equipment is safe for use.
• Coach one of four ACHA teams
• Attend regional and national conferences as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned totaling approximately 40 hours per week.
• Experience in ice related sports and activities.
• Ability to receive CPR/1st Aid Certification.
• Extensive knowledge of ice related activities.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert