IT Portfolio and Project Specialist
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
The IT Portfolio & Project Specialist is responsible for leading an assigned portfolio. The incumbent defines project roadmaps and manages the execution of plans, schedules, budget, communication, status reports and deliverables for multiple concurrent projects within the portfolio; ensures project tasks, timelines, scope and resources are properly executed and maintained; and provides general oversight and leadership to project teams comprised of IT staff, campus administrative staff, faculty and students, vendors, consultants and external agencies for the successful execution of project activities.
The incumbent also assists with the broader financial management and portfolio management functions. This includes supporting the portfolio governance process, analysis of portfolio investments and reporting to enable effective decision making and delivering business value, change management leadership and helping with budgeting, forecasting, tracking, balancing and financial reviews.
- Portfolio Management
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Continuous Improvement and Process Analysis
- Demonstrated project management skills, including project planning, budgeting, and process control
- Strong knowledge of Project management principles, practices, and procedures (Agile/SDLC)
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Working knowledge in Change Management
- Ability to multi-task across technical projects, technologies and subject areas
- Ability to lead and manage projects and change implementations in alignment with IT best practices
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with faculty and students who are technical and non-technical, management, and professional staff representing various interests and perspectives
- In depth knowledge in portfolio management and skills in building portfolio prioritization frameworks and models
- Strong portfolio management skills (Project intake, resource demand planning, budget management)
- Ability to influence at all levels of an organization and build consensus with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of financial management, including financial analysis, planning, budget analysis, fund management, and accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study
- Five years of experience supporting information systems and technology
- MS/MA or MBA in a related field, Business, Technology, MIS, or Communications
- Three or more years’ of Portfolio Management experience
- Advanced experience with Excel Spreadsheets (i.e. Pivot Table & Reporting, Charting, Macros and Formatting)
Classification: Information Technology Consultant - Expert
CSU Salary Range: $6,686/month - $12,947/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: February 03, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert