Director of the Dr. Rita Smith Wade-El Intercultural Center
- Millersville University
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Director of The Intercultural Center for Student Engagement ( ICSE ) provides strategic leadership that promotes an inclusive, equitable, and justice-centered community. As an integral member of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, the Director will facilitate programs, activities and services which support and enhance the overall educational experience of students through the development of and exposure to diversity, equity, inclusion, justice, antiracism, and decolonization.
The Director is responsible for establishing a clear purpose, goals, programming structure and assessment plan for the center. At the core, the function of the center is to provide a space for support, advocacy, education, development, and community for all students, by committing to affirming, challenging, and supporting students from marginalized and excluded identities. The Director will play a lead role establishing effective college-wide programs that strive to promote a multicultural awareness, cognitive development and understanding of social justice concepts, enhanced opportunities for self-identity development and enhanced sense of belonging.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University of Pennsylvania is one of the 10 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are available for our 6,000 students to find their path.. Approximately one thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission, professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
Annual Salary: $55,590.00 plus comprehensive benefits starting on the first day of employment, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay 5% of bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay 2.5% when participating in the wellness program.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and dependents after 90 days
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and dependents after 90 days.
- Group life insurance - equal to annual salary (up to $50,000) at no cost to the employee
- Voluntary Group Life and Accident Insurance – available for purchase at low rates for additional employee coverage as well as coverage for spouse and children
- Long Term Disability Insurance – available for purchase at low rates with either a 90 or 180-day waiting period
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are eligible
- Vacation leave – up to 10.4 days accrued for the first year, increases to up to 15.6 days per year after first year
- Personal leave – up to 5 days per year
- Sick leave – up to 15.6 days accrued per year, including up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family member
- Holiday leave – up to 12 days per calendar year
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning and working environment that promotes diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. EPPIIC values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence are an essential part of the foundation for our learning and working environment. Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
- Master’s degree.
- Three years’ professional experience in Multicultural Programs in academia.
- Experience with Student Activities.
- Supervision experience.
- Experience with assessment.
- Experience with marketing using social media.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Experience with large scale campus event programming (concerts, spring flings, homecoming, etc.).
- Experience advising student organizations.
- Experience with the development and facilitation of training and workshops.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to the terms and conditions of the SCUPA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ability to work remotely if required due to emergency university closure.
- Must maintain valid Driver’s License.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert