- Columbia College (MO)
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 6, 2023
Department: Grossnickle Career Services Center/Student Affairs
Location: Columbia, MO
Type: Staff, Full-Time
Pay: $16.84-$17.80 per hour ( Pay range may vary based on geographic location)
Diversity Statement:Columbia College is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or disability. The college maintains a safe place for open discourse; supports activities that promote diversity and inclusion; and overall, fosters a sense of community that welcomes everyone.
- Provide in- person administrative, technical and records processing support for Career Services and the International Student Services.
- Greet, assist and direct visitors in person, over the phone, and electronically to the appropriate staff member.
- Attend work timely and on a regular basis during the established hours of operation; work additional hours as needed for office and college functions, which can include evenings or weekends.
- Manage, oversee and promote Handshake, Columbia College’s career management system.
- Coordinate all departmental efforts related to training, marketing, and reporting.
- Manage appointments, communications, and daily schedules for the staff and the department.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate student employees, coordinate and track progress on their assigned work projects and responsible for discipline and termination of student employees, as necessary.
- Utilize and maintain a working knowledge of software including: Aviso, Handshake, Canva, PowerPoint, and additional career services software.
- Complete projects aimed to improve the services and offerings of Career Services.
- Establish operational policies and procedures and make any necessary modifications as needed.
- Assist in developing year-round marketing strategies for departmental workshops, events, and services.
- Assist in managing social media and marketing/publicity for Career Services
- Assist with organizing events for the department which includes coordinating event details, room reservations, marketing, logistics, and registration activities.
- Assist students and alumni with initial questions in career planning, including job and graduate search processes, and guide inquiries to appropriate resources.
- Generate reports that highlight facts, statistics, trends, usage rates, and outcomes related to Career Services.
- Assist in updating and maintenance of the departmental web pages.
- Manage, order and track inventory for the department.
- Generate written correspondence to send to international students through Cases request system.
- Develop forms, spreadsheets, PowerPoint slides/presentations, and other documents used in the office.
- Maintain the office budget tracking system.
- Maintain confidentiality for all student records and information.
- Maintain an attractive, functional, and professional office environment.
- Perform job duties in accordance with Columbia College’s and the Division of Student Affairs vision, mission, and values.
- Practice superior customer service.
- Display respect and civility to all constituencies in all communications.
- Serve on division and college committees as requested.
- Attend major college functions, including but not limited to Homecoming, Quest Day, Welcome Week, Education Abroad Fair, International Extravaganza and Coffee Hour, Career Fairs, Commencement, and Student Affairs Night of Recognition.
- Fulfill additional responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility:Career Services Center Student Employees
Position reports to: Director of the Grossnickle Career Services Center
Required Core Competencies and Professional Experience:
- This is an on-campus customer service position that is highly engaged with the students of Columbia College.
- This position will not have the ability to work remotely.
- Ability to fluently read, write, and understand the English language.
- Proficiency with the following, but not limited to: active listening; speaking; writing; critical thinking; judgment and decision making; monitoring; reading comprehension; time management; coordination; and management of personnel resources.
- Proficiency for using a variety of computer and technology-related software and equipment, including Microsoft Office products and database systems.
- Proficiency in using web-based technologies, including database systems.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, with or without direct supervision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills.
Preferred Professional Experience:
- Experience in higher education, and/or working with students.
- Customer service experience.
- High level of detail and organization.
Required Level of Education: High School Diploma
Preferred Level of Education:Bachelor’s Degree
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals seeking accommodation should contact the Human Resources Department without delay. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, talk, and hear. The employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crawl. Employee must be able to type on a computer keyboard and use a computer monitor on a regular basis.
Work Conditions: The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions; however, possible exposure to hazards and physical risks to personal safety may occur while operating certain equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually mild.
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive of every duty and responsibility required by the employee in the position.
Eligibility for employee benefits and perks is determined by employment status. For more information please see https://www.ccis.edu/careers .
The offer of employment and assignment to duties is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check. The information may include, but is not limited to, academic, residential, achievement, performance, attendance, disciplinary, employment history, credit history, driving history, and criminal history of public record.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Columbia College is an equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Campus Safety for Columbia College has provided the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report and crime statistics for the main campus and venues nationwide.
Columbia College is required to distribute this information to all current and prospective employees and students. Please follow the link below for the full report or contact Human Resources at 573-875-7495 for a printed copy.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert