Grossnickle Career Services Center/Student
$16.84-$17.80 per hour ( Pay range may vary based on
Columbia College is committed to
creating an inclusive employee experience for all regardless of
race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation,
age or disability. The college maintains a safe place for open
discourse; supports activities that promote diversity and
inclusion; and overall, fosters a sense of community that welcomes
- Provide in- person administrative, technical and records
processing support for Career Services and the International
- Greet, assist and direct visitors in person, over the phone,
and electronically to the appropriate staff member.
- Attend work timely and on a regular basis during the
established hours of operation; work additional hours as needed for
office and college functions, which can include evenings or
- Manage, oversee and promote Handshake, Columbia College’s
career management system.
- Coordinate all departmental efforts related to training,
marketing, and reporting.
- Manage appointments, communications, and daily schedules for
the staff and the department.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate student employees,
coordinate and track progress on their assigned work projects and
responsible for discipline and termination of student employees, as
- Utilize and maintain a working knowledge of software including:
Aviso, Handshake, Canva, PowerPoint, and additional career services
- Complete projects aimed to improve the services and offerings
of Career Services.
- Establish operational policies and procedures and make any
necessary modifications as needed.
- Assist in developing year-round marketing strategies for
departmental workshops, events, and services.
- Assist in managing social media and marketing/publicity for
- Assist with organizing events for the department which includes
coordinating event details, room reservations, marketing,
logistics, and registration activities.
- Assist students and alumni with initial questions in career
planning, including job and graduate search processes, and guide
inquiries to appropriate resources.
- Generate reports that highlight facts, statistics, trends,
usage rates, and outcomes related to Career Services.
- Assist in updating and maintenance of the departmental web
- Manage, order and track inventory for the department.
- Generate written correspondence to send to international
students through Cases request system.
- Develop forms, spreadsheets, PowerPoint slides/presentations,
and other documents used in the office.
- Maintain the office budget tracking system.
- Maintain confidentiality for all student records and
- Maintain an attractive, functional, and professional office
- Perform job duties in accordance with Columbia College’s and
the Division of Student Affairs vision, mission, and values.
- Practice superior customer service.
- Display respect and civility to all constituencies in all
- Serve on division and college committees as requested.
- Attend major college functions, including but not limited to
Homecoming, Quest Day, Welcome Week, Education Abroad Fair,
International Extravaganza and Coffee Hour, Career Fairs,
Commencement, and Student Affairs Night of Recognition.
- Fulfill additional responsibilities as assigned.
Career Services Center Student
Position reports to:
Director of the Grossnickle Career
Required Core Competencies and Professional Experience:
Preferred Professional Experience:
- This is an on-campus customer service position that is highly
engaged with the students of Columbia College.
- This position will not have the ability to work remotely.
- Ability to fluently read, write, and understand the English
- Proficiency with the following, but not limited to: active
listening; speaking; writing; critical thinking; judgment and
decision making; monitoring; reading comprehension; time
management; coordination; and management of personnel
- Proficiency for using a variety of computer and
technology-related software and equipment, including Microsoft
Office products and database systems.
- Proficiency in using web-based technologies, including database
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, with
or without direct supervision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service, and
Required Level of Education:
- Experience in higher education, and/or working with
- Customer service experience.
- High level of detail and organization.
High School Diploma
Preferred Level of Education:
The physical requirements described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Individuals seeking
accommodation should contact the Human Resources Department without
delay. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit for long periods of time, talk, and hear.
The employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle or
feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop,
kneel, or crawl. Employee must be able to type on a computer
keyboard and use a computer monitor on a regular basis.
The work environment conditions described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is rarely exposed to outside
weather conditions; however, possible exposure to hazards and
physical risks to personal safety may occur while operating certain
equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive of every
duty and responsibility required by the employee in the
Eligibility for employee benefits and perks is determined by
employment status. For more information please see https://www.ccis.edu/careers
The offer of employment and assignment to duties is contingent upon
a satisfactory criminal background check. The information may
include, but is not limited to, academic, residential, achievement,
performance, attendance, disciplinary, employment history, credit
history, driving history, and criminal history of public
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until
the position is filled.
Columbia College is an equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) and
the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus
crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Campus Safety
for Columbia College has provided the Annual Security and Fire
Safety Report and crime statistics for the main campus and venues
Columbia College is required to distribute this information to all
current and prospective employees and students. Please follow the
link below for the full report or contact Human Resources at
573-875-7495 for a printed copy.