Network Architect (Reg FT)
- Community College of Allegheny County
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Network Architect (Reg FT)
Position Title: Network Architect (Reg FT)
Department: Information Technology Svcs
Campus: Office of College Services
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than February 17, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Salary Grade: Admin 16 - $64,070
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5858
Job Open Date: 2/3/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Works on a collaborative team to design, implement and operate secure, complex and large-scale local and wide area networks, internet and intranet services and data communications to ensure availability, reliability, serviceability, performance and responsiveness that meets the needs of a broad constituency.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of experience or an Associated Degree and 4 years' experience or a minimum of 6 related years' working experience in information technology field in lieu of educational degree. Experience with data centers or server rooms is highly recommended. Experience in configuring and supporting large production networks preferred . Working knowledge of Cisco products and functionality on LAN and metropolitan area networks preferred. Experience with wireless technologies, carrier services, voice-over-IP, Infoblox DDI, routing, switching, network cabling preferred. Understanding of core networking protocols (e.g., TLS, IPSEC, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac), infrastructure monitoring and trending systems, data center facilities management preferred.
This position will be required to report to any CCAC location to provide the necessary support.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to move, lift, carry, and push multiple heavy objects each weighing up to 50 pounds within scope of job duties.
1. Install, maintain, and troubleshoot routers, switches, next-generation firewall (NGFW), Wireless Controllers, wireless AP's, Application Delivery Controller, network encryption/decryption, site-to-site and user-to-LAN VPN.
2. Install and support network hardware, micro-code upgrades, operating systems, applications and internet service.
3. Diagnose and resolve network hardware and software problems associated with the College's information infrastructure.
4. Provide 3rd-tier support for problem determination and resolution for networks and attached devices and services.
5. Provide technical expertise related to UPS and data center systems to management or other engineers for incident or planning purposes.
6. Participate in investigation, design and implementation of new technologies, automation, procedures and standards for the central management of the College's network, internet services and distribution software.
7. Provide day to day management and monitoring of network devices and servers.
8. Participate as technical lead on various projects and provide input/direction to the implementation of network projects or upgrades.
9. Collaborate with campus leadership, stakeholders and end-users in the planning and implementation of network and wireless services.
10. Develop test plane, implementation planes, and project timelines for various projects.
11. Participate in the development, monitoring and response for the information security program and maintain network security to protect the College's information resources; assist in maintaining disaster recovery/ business continuity processes.
12. Provide necessary documentation, training and guidance to network engineers and technical staff. Assist with documentation for end users.
13. Work outside normal working hours on downtime tasks such as patching, upgrading, and/or implementing new systems.
14. Provide timely, on-call assistance on emergency issues that arise outside normal working hours.
15. Travel to other campus locations for purposes of system implementation, support and maintenance.
16. Responsible for hardware and systems support of data center and campus wide data rooms.
17. Manage server room hardware, cabinets, PDUs, server room layout, cooling, and power design.
18. Track equipment shipments and asset inventory.
19. Configure and monitor alerts from data center systems in order to ensure system reliability and uptime. Monitoring systems such as Schneider's Struxureware or standalone power systems are used for this monitoring.
20. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1236
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert