Assistant Professor of Athletic Training
- Lasell University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Other Health & Medicine
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Assistant Professor of Athletic Training
The Division of Graduate and Professional Studies along with the School of Health Sciences at Lasell University in Newton, Massachusetts seeks a highly motivated, and collaborative individual for the role of Assistant Professor of Athletic Training. The dynamic faculty member will serve in the third faculty line for the Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) program. Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) since 2001, with a recent successful launch of the MSAT program in 2019, Lasell University seeks to build on the program's rich history and educate the next generation of athletic trainers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence and enthusiasm in teaching and student advocacy; commitment to productivity and professional development; and active participation in professional and college service. This is a full-time, non-tenure-track, 9-month appointment to begin in the fall of 2023. The successful candidate will report to the Dean of the School of Health Science. The successful candidate will focus on teaching graduate athletic training courses and pre-professional courses in the School of Health Science at the undergraduate level. Additional teaching assignments where expertise aligns with program needs.
- The primary responsibilities of this position will include, but is not limited to:
- Teaching graduate level athletic training courses in a CAATE accredited Athletic Training Program and pre-professional courses in the School of Health Science at the undergraduate level.
- Working as part of a faculty team in maintaining compliance with CAATE accreditation standards.
- Assist with the administrative duties associated with a CAATE accredited Athletic Training Program.
- Academic advising and student mentoring.
- Supporting activities and programs arranged for the recruitment, selection, and retention of students for the Athletic Training Program
- Active engagement in scholarship, professional development, and service.
- An earned Master's degree in athletic training, rehabilitation sciences, or related field.
- Current BOC certification and eligibility for athletic training licensure in Massachusetts.
- Current NPI number and membership in the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA).
- Previous experience teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in athletic training and rehabilitation sciences.
- Clinical practice experience in athletic training.
- Evidence of recent scholarly activity.
- Demonstrated contemporary expertise and ability to teach in the areas of therapeutic interventions, treatment/rehabilitation, and manual therapy.
- An earned Doctorate (PhD, EdD, or DAT) in athletic training, rehabilitation sciences, or related field.
- Experience working with the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- CPR/AED/First Aid Professional Rescuer Instructor.
Given Lasell's commitment to fostering an intellectually enriching and inclusive educational environment, our expectation is that the successful candidate will demonstrate competence and sensitivity in teaching, and advising students who are broadly diverse with regard to various aspects of identity, such as race, ethnicity, ability status, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, nationality, and religion.
Lasell University offers a competitive salary and benefits package for eligible employees. This includes but is not limited to outstanding time off benefits, health, dental and vision insurance, a 403B with a matching contribution after one year of service, tuition benefits and more.
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume, teaching philosophy, diversity statement, and the information of three (3) references using the forms below. Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Lasell University requires all employees to be vaccinated and to provide the documentation upon the start of employment. Lasell also provides individuals the opportunity to request a medical or religious exemption.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.
To apply, visit https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/employment/faculty-positions/assistant-professor-of-athletic-training.html
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert