User Support Specialist Ii
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- Wisconsin, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
User Support Specialist Ii
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Position Number: 02056611 and 01272697
Introduction (Description of School/College/Dept/Program)
If you want to be part of an organization that is playing a vital role in crafting the future of Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) is the place for you. UWM is seeking IT Support Coordinators for our Campus Technology Support Department. If you are passionate about being part of a dynamic and talented team of technology professionals who value integrity and excellence and want to help take us to the next level, then look no further.
Who We Are: UWM, a doctoral/research intensive university, is Wisconsin’s premier public urban university and offers a comprehensive liberal arts and professional education at the undergraduate and graduate level to over 25,000 students. UWM takes pride in being a student-centered institution that is deeply committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff, and programs. Our tree-lined, 104-acre campus is located on Milwaukee’s upper-eastside, one of the city’s most attractive residential areas and home to many faculty, staff, and students. For more information, please visit our website at www.uwm.edu
What We Offer:
- Innovative, collaborative, and casual-work environment with flexible work/life balance schedules
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience with an expected salary between $50,000 - $65,000 annually
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- On-site health & wellness programs
- On-site affordable day care
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
The IT Support Coordinator provides IT support services to all UWM faculty, staff, and students, with an emphasis on excellence in customer service. The incumbent will troubleshoot problems, provide solutions, and educate users about best practices for Apple computer hardware, software, hosted applications, printers, mobile devices, and other campus technologies. These responsibilities are carried out in a team environment, requiring effective work with colleagues.Campus Technology Support (CTS) services support the varied instructional, advising, research, and business functions of the campus while assisting with the mission to deliver excellence in education, service, and innovation.
- One year or more experience diagnosing and troubleshooting Apple hardware and software
- One year or more experience troubleshooting macOS operating systems in a business or enterprise environment
- One year or more experience in a professional customer service role
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in information systems or related field by date of hire
- Experience performing and troubleshooting computer imaging and application deployment using configuration management tools
- Experience providing support for Microsoft 365 or other desktop applications
- Experience analyzing customer business needs, identifying, and recommending IT solutions to business problems
- Experience training, mentoring, or assigning work to junior staff, especially students or interns
- Experience working in higher education
Interested applicants are required to apply online and provide:
- A cover letter addressing your education/experience as it applies to all minimum and preferred qualifications
- A resume AND
- A document listing the names and contact information for three professional references
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether they meet any of the qualifications, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Apply electronically at: https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/36355 by the application deadline date of February 26, 2023. Questions about this position should be directed to Chad Hietpas at email@example.com.
For this position, applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. The process is complete when the message “Your application has been submitted” is displayed and you receive a confirmation number.
Legal Notices AA/EO Statement
UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UWM provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-229-4463. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWM is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin’s Open Records Law. UWM will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin’s Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of “final candidates” and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC and Reference Check Policy
Employment will require a criminal background check. UWM takes the prevention of sexual misconduct seriously. As such, you and your references will be required to answer questions regarding any past findings of sexual violence and sexual harassment or any pending allegations of sexual violence or sexual harassment.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act)
For the UWM Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu/, or call UWM’s Dean of Students Office, Student Union 345 at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.
In compliance with federal law, all persons at the time of their start date will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Title and Total Compensation Project
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/36415
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert