Assist. Dean & Assoc. Dean for Research (S Polytechnic College of Engineering & Engr Technology)
- Kennesaw State University
- Kennesaw, Georgia
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Engineering
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a twelve-month, administrative faculty position as a tenured Professor and Assistant Dean or Associate Dean for Research in the Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology that beings July 2023.
Reporting directly to the Dean of the College, the Assistant or Associate Dean for Research (ADR) will provide leadership and support for the College in advancing its research mission. The ADR is expected to provide visionary leadership for research, empowering faculty to develop research and facilitating partnerships with both the public and private sectors while working collaboratively with the Department Chairs, faculty, staff, and students to elevate the College's research activities.
The ADR will liaise with the Office of Research and organize/manage inter-departmental research groups and interests. Working collaboratively with the Office of Research, the ADR manages the grants process in the college and maintains relationships with external entities for research and partnership development.
The ADR will serve on college and university committees and perform duties as assigned by the Dean. These duties include, but are not limited to, facilitating all aspects of research activity in the college, assisting faculty in acquiring research support, overseeing compliance with university, state, and federal sponsor guidelines and policies, participating in the planning of the college’s new faculty orientation, and teaching in an engineering discipline program.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with faculty to develop, facilitate, and obtain new revenue streams through grants and other resources to enhance the College’s research activities. Specific areas of emphasis include expanding interdisciplinary research and supporting the successful competition for research funding.
- Represent and advocate for the College in various venues, including university-wide committees and working groups focused on research.
- Manage intellectual property and research agreements in concert with the relevant University Offices.
- Develop and manage research-related policies, serve as the campus liaison for interdisciplinary research, and organize initiatives to establish new research.
- Provide oversight of the college’s centers and institutes.
- Serve as a member of the College's leadership team, setting policy and strategic direction for the College.
Required Qualifications Include
A terminal degree, or the foreign equivalent, with an academic background and appropriate credentials to be a tenured Professor in an academic department in the Sothern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology at KSU is required.
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and ethnically diverse community.
- Demonstrated record of strong teamwork, ethical behavior, and collaboration with faculty, administrators, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership with the development of research programs.
- Evidence of a successful scholarship program and history of grant support as PI or Co-PI for various agencies, including NSF, NIH, DOD, DOE, NASA, etc.
- Administration and leadership experience in an academic setting.
- Evidence of mentoring junior faculty and doctoral students.
- Experience building interdisciplinary partnerships and research teams.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 254460.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert