Part-Time Administrative Assistant I, Student Development
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 1, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Established in 2012, Lone Star College-University Park has been recognized nationally and internationally for its innovation, as well as its focus on student access and success. Conveniently located off SH 249 in the heart of northwest Houston, Lone Star College-University Park is known as the "community's college," providing students with highly affordable degree and certificate programs that transfer seamlessly to four-year universities or lead to direct employment. Campus facilities include the Center for Science & Innovation, the Energy & Manufacturing Institute, Learning Innovation Labs and the Geology Rock Wall. Dr. Shah Ardalan has been president of LSC-University Park since its founding.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (TX 249 and Louetta Road), Houston, TX 77070.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Part-Time Administrative Assistant I will be responsible for providing detailed and task-oriented support to an LSC Executive and to the department team as assigned. Will perform standard administrative work and ensure efficient day-to-day operation of the office. The Administrative Assistant will resolve problems that arise from students, faculty and staff, handle sensitive and confidential records, assist with budget issues, and act as a liaison on behalf of their assigned executive.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs a variety of administrative and operational support functions for assigned executive and department. This may include but is not limited to; creating and monitoring a variety of reports; making travel arrangements and completing related paperwork; maintaining a variety of information/data for executive’s review; ensuring all action items and resulting documents are processed/finalized appropriately; sorting and prioritizes mail; maintaining calendars; planning, scheduling and coordinating a variety of meetings (individual and group), etc.
- Orders and maintains a variety of supplies (office supplies and furniture, computer equipment, promotional items, food and beverages for meetings/events, etc.). Processes purchase orders and P-card purchases for individuals, department, and possibly grant programs
- Monitors multiple budgets and runs a variety of related reports
- May maintain dashboard for division and notify employees of meeting necessary deadlines
- Operates a variety of office equipment and utilizes one or more standard business software packages at a superior level
- Coordinates with internal and external executive-level staff to accomplish moderately complex activities such as identifying and scheduling outside speakers, and developing agendas or recreational programs for meetings and events
- Plans, assists with and attends a variety of meetings, committees, and events. Takes minutes and disseminates information to all relevant constituents as needed
- Some positions may assist student as needed, including but not limited to processing documents/correspondence, answering general questions, assisting with general issues, etc.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software for word processing, spread sheets, and database management; Specific software experience in Windows and Microsoft Office
- College level oral and written communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated soft skills necessary for office management
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks with overlapping time-frames and deadlines
- Ability to use and learn new software products
- Ability to document and track expenses
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 3 year of experience
- Associate Degree
Hourly Pay Rate is $18.20.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert