Assistant Professor of Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- SUNY Empire State College
- New York, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Psychology
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
SUNY Empire State proudly serves 16,000 students through online, hybrid, and in-person instruction across New York state, the region, and the world. Established in 1971 as the innovative branch of the State University of New York, SUNY Empire is a recognized national leader in serving working adults - including parents, veterans, and military-affiliates - through flexible programs that meet workforce needs and provide support through mentoring and prior learning assessment. The institution offers a broad range of associate, bachelor's, master's, doctoral, and certificate programs and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. SUNY Empire's 94,000 alumni are entrepreneurs, nurses, teachers, businesspeople, and leaders in their communities and their fields. Visit www.esc.edu and follow us on social media @SUNYEmpire.
SUNY Empire is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that having diverse faculty and staff is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
The School for Graduate Studies (SGS) at SUNY Empire State College seeks an Assistant Professor of Industrial-Organizational Psychology. The successful candidate will have expertise in industrial-organizational psychology and will teach, develop curriculum, and mentor/advise students in this new online program. Central to the faculty role is helping adult learners from diverse cultural backgrounds design and complete degrees that meet their personal and professional goals. SUNY Empire faculty provide individualized advising from entry through graduation to students in their overall academic program. The successful candidate will engage in collaborative research, advise students, and work to help students create their capstone project. Maintenance of an active research agenda and service to the college are also expected.
A highly distributed organization, SUNY Empire makes extensive use of technological applications for communication, teaching and learning, and administrative purposes. Working in cooperation with local and statewide faculty and staff, the successful candidate will provide high-quality educational services to students, engage in an active scholarly agenda, participate in college governance, and enhance the college's reputation within the community.
- Ph.D. from an accredited university with a research and teaching focus in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, with specific subdiscipline open.
- Evidence of developing research in the psychological study of work-related topics.
- Evidence of high-quality teaching and/or advising diverse students.
- Interest in curriculum and program development for training of students in industrial-organizational psychology.
- Knowledge of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity in pedagogy/educational practices.
- Ability to work collegially in a multicultural environment.
- Teaching experience in industrial and/or organizational psychology courses at the graduate level.
- Background in talent management and/or performance management.
- Training and experience in using a wide variety of teaching methodologies and perspectives that integrate diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice issues in the curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability or interest in high impact teaching practices which connect students and the community, such as service learning, curricular community-engaged learning, and/or academic internships.
- Demonstrated ability or interest in conducting research in partnership with local community organizations, government agencies, or private organizations.
- Occasional travel will be required to fulfill regional and college-wide commitments.
- Office hours will vary to accommodate student needs.
- Some evening and/or weekend engagement with students is required.
- SUNY Empire provides faculty with a flexible work environment to meet the needs of our mostly distance learners. The successful candidate can be located at one of our sites throughout the state, including Selden, Saratoga Springs, or Rochester, with robust telecommuting available.
Rank/Salary: Tenure-track, Assistant Professor, 12-month appointment, salary commensurate with experience.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security.
Other available faculty opportunities are located on our Faculty Vacancy Announcements page.
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to login to your Empire State College Employment Account to check your completed application or to update your account.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert