Administrative Specialist III, Facilities
- Lone Star College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Location address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Administrative Specialist III, under limited supervision, has oversight of administrative functions in a large/significant area. Provides a high level of clerical, analytical, administrative, and operational support. Responsible for the performance and coordination of support functions such as scheduling, process maintenance, communications, workflows, supplies, information processing and staff support.
Position will perform functions that require an awareness of LSC’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Organizes and coordinates general office operations, including but not limited to supervising, training and coordinating the workload of clerical staff, ensuring adequate office coverage, overseeing efficient workflows, maintaining departmental schedules and calendars, and assisting staff with basic daily functions as needed
- Troubleshoot questions, inquiries, and complaints and directs them to the appropriate person
- Coordinates a variety of meetings and maintains scheduling of office conference room for campus
- Produces a variety of detailed reports and documents, including but not limited to performing research, typing, coordinating, proof reading, printing, and compiling
- Coordinates the maintenance of general office equipment with internal departments (OTS) and/or external vendors
- Assists with training and oversight of new employees within assigned area
- Tracks and maintains inventory of supplies. Manages the process of purchasing supplies and services and prepares all appropriate documentation, following LSC purchasing guidelines. Confirms receipt of all goods and services.
- Assists with departmental budget preparation and maintenance. May track expenditures on a monthly basis and completes budget analyses throughout the year, in addition to expense projections, trend reports, and ad hoc reports as required for leadership
- Accurately enters and submits expense reports as needed
- Responds to routine correspondence on own initiative, or drafts response for manager’s review on correspondence that requires Manager’s signature
- Plans and coordinates a variety of meetings, events, trainings, etc., including but not limited to venue reservations, space assignment, handouts and meal arrangements
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to make decisions in the absence of Management according to departmental procedure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to use and learn a variety of software products
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work on multiple projects
- Ability to document and track expenses
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Associate’s degree
Hiring salary range is $33,540 - $38,571.
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert