Disability Learning Specialist
- City Colleges of Chicago
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Other Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Academic Advising & Academic Support Services, Counseling, Disabled Student Services, Other Student Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Disability Learning Specialist
Harold Washington College
At Harold Washington College, employees contribute to the success of our students while enjoying a collaborative working environment . Build your future at City Colleges of Chicago and ensure more students complete their curricula - college-ready, career-ready and prepared to pursue their life’s goals. Harold Washington College is in search for a part-time Disability Learning Specialist who will be r esponsible for planning, monitoring and solving school-based problems and assist students experiencing academic difficulties. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working in support of students, consider joining our team. Are you a people-person with a talent for quickly solving problems and achieving results? Do you have a desire to work in a welcoming environment making college a reality for a large, diverse student population? If so, this is the opportunity for you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide instructional tasks, exercises, and intervention strategies to assist staff in educating students, particularly students with disabilities in the school environment.
2. Facilitate Vocational Evaluations by conducting comprehensive initial and triennial psychological evaluations. Assess students using a variety of psycho-educational and objective instruments.
3. Document completed assignments; ensure services have been provided for on behalf of students by the Office of Special Needs. Provide information to all governing agencies upon request.
4. Research other agencies and services available to students having special needs requiring special assistance and accommodations.
5. Counsel students with learning disabilities and monitor progress with regard to the implementation of various study strategies to students.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
7. Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
1. Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred and a minimum of two years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
2. Ability to advocate on behalf of students to administrators and staff.
3. Must maintain an effective liaison among agencies, staff, administrators and the community to promote overall responsiveness to the program.
4. Excellent verbal and written skills required with the ability to communicate effectively with students.
5. Must have a working knowledge of assessment tools.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
Harold Washington College, located at 30 East Lake Street in Chicago's Loop, is a student-centered institution that empowers all members of its community through accessible and affordable academic advancement, career development and personal enrichment. At HWC, employees contribute to the success of our students while enjoying competitive compensation and outstanding benefits packages. Build your future at City Colleges of Chicago and ensure more students complete their curricula - college-ready, career-ready and prepared to pursue their life’s goals. This is an exciting time in the history of City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), District 508, the largest community college system in Illinois and one of the largest in the nation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert