Student Peer Tutor- Science
- City Colleges of Chicago
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
Student Peer Tutor- Science
Harold Washington College
This is an exciting time in the history of City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), District 508, the largest community college system in Illinois and among the largest in the nation. CCC is reinventing its approach to student success with a nationally recognized initiative to ensure even greater student success and outcomes across the district. Consider being a part of CCC’s transformation and join the 5,800 faculty and staff who serve 70,000 students at seven campuses and six satellite sites city-wide.
Harold Washington College , located at 30 East Lake Street in Chicago's Loop, is a student-centered institution that empowers all members of its community through accessible and affordable academic advancement, career development and personal enrichment. At HWC, employees contribute to the success of our students while enjoying competitive compensation and outstanding benefits packages. Build your future at City Colleges of Chicago and ensure more students complete their curricula - college-ready, career-ready and prepared to pursue their life’s goals.
- Applicants must be 16 years or older, have work permit consent, and eligible to work in the United States
- Applicants must be actively attending one of the City Colleges of Chicago
- Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 semester hours pre-credit or credit classes
- Applicants must be pursuing an approved educational credential, degree, or certificate
- Applicants must have and maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA (waived for first semester new students)
- Applicants must be in “good standing” – no City Colleges of Chicago academic restrictions
- Applicants must not be current Full or Part-time employees of the City Colleges of Chicago
- All positions are “employment at-will”
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, the Student
Peer Advisor assists other students with issues related to course
selection, major selection and adjusting to college life in
- Acquaints new students with CCC policies, procedures,
requirements and registration information.
- Participates in registration activities including explaining
- Works closely with the Dean’s Office and faculty advisors
during New Student Orientation week.
- Provides information about the re-admission, withdrawal and
other academic transactions and refers students to College Advisors
for further assistance, if necessary.
- Provides information to other students about extracurricular
- Directs students in need of tutorial services, personal
counseling or academic services to the appropriate college or
- Participates in on-campus College recruiting activities.
- Copies materials used for recruiting activities, admissions,
registration and orientation.
- Sets a positive/supportive introduction to the college for new
and returning students.
- Attends training sessions as required.
- Adheres to the City Colleges of Chicago Customer Service
- High School Diploma required or actively pursuing a GED at the City Colleges of Chicago
- Knowledge of City Colleges of Chicago; knowledge of specific major or program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and demonstrably self-motivated.
- Knowledge of computer software programs.
- We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert