Library Technician III - Circulation Coordinator
- Colorado School of Mines
- Colorado, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Librarians & Library Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Student Affairs, Other Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Library Technician III - Circulation Coordinator
Applicants must be a Colorado resident.
The Library Technician III - Circulation Coordinator position at the Colorado School of Mines (Mines) is responsible with assisting the Circulation and User Services Manager in the daily operations of the front desk, providing excellent user-centered customer service, coordinating the course readings program, and providing support in the maintenance of library materials. This position also assists with hiring, training, scheduling, and managing front desk student assistants.
- Assist with overseeing the daily operations of the front desk and assign tasks to student employees to support the daily operations of the library and other library projects.
- Responsible for maintaining the library’s course readings collection. This includes timely processing of materials, checking copyright, communicating with faculty and library stakeholders, and assisting in the development of documentation and workflows.
- Experience direct interactions with users and provide basic information about library resources. Refer users to librarians or other campus units for specialty reference questions.
- Assist with performing searches for missing materials, and routine stacks maintenance.
- Create a daily desk schedule for front desk student coverage and hire.
Education and Experience:
- Three years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to engage with diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities; and a commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds is essential.
- Outstanding dedication to high quality customer service.
- Must be able to effectively mentor students to carry out comprehensive projects.
- Ability to work with highly detailed information in an online environment.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with an integrated library system or other relevant software.
- Prior relevant state experience in higher education administration working within an academic setting.
Colorado School of Mines is committed to equal opportunity for all persons. Mines does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), ancestry, creed, marital status, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or current military service. Further, Mines does not retaliate against community members for filing complaints regarding or implicating any of these protected statuses.
Mines’ commitment to nondiscrimination, affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access is reflected in the administration of its policies, procedures, programs and activities and in its efforts to achieve a diverse student body and workforce.
Through its policies, procedures and resources, Mines complies with federal law, Colorado state law, administrative regulations, executive orders and other legal requirements to prevent discrimination (including harassment or retaliation) within the Mines campus community and to address potential allegations of inequity or concerns for safety.
How to Apply
Applicants will be asked to complete an online application (personal information, demographic information, references, veteran status) via: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/colorado/jobs/3888683/library-technician-iii-circulation-coordinator . References will not be contacted until later in the selection process and you will be informed before that contact is made.
$20.95 - $24.72 Hourly
$3,632.00 - $4,285.00 Monthly
Mines takes into consideration a combination of candidate’s education, training and experience as well as the position’s scope and complexity, the discretion and latitude required in the role, work location, and external market and internal value when determining a salary level for potential new employees.
Mines is proud to provide exceptional benefits that include pay, health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. The state of Colorado portfolio of benefits to classified employees includes medical, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, discount programs, and retirement savings plans. Additionally, Classified employees at Mines are eligible for tuition benefits (for employees and dependents), paid holidays and vacation/sick leave. For additional plan details, please visit the State of Colorado Employee Benefits page .
Background Investigation Required
Advertised: February 02, 2023 Mountain Standard Time
Applications close: 27 Feb 2023 Mountain Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert