Executive Vice President
- Council for Opportunity in Education
- Washington D.C.
- Competitive salary starting at $175k, commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package.
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Executive Directors, Jobs Outside Academe, Non-profit & Government Organizations
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
This is an exciting time at the Council for Opportunity in Education (“COE” or “the Council”) as the organization is preparing to welcome its third president in its 40-plus-year history in October 2023. As part of this transition, COE is seeking a dynamic and accomplished Executive Vice President to join its senior leadership team. The Executive Vice President will lead our team of high-performing and committed team of professionals in achieving the Council’s mission of assuring college access and success for low-income, first-generation college students and students with disabilities.
Reporting to and working closely with the President, the Executive Vice President will be a key leader within the organization and assume primary responsibility for managing the day-to-day operations of the Council. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in higher education, with significant experience in both direct student service and executive leadership. The Executive Vice President will also be proficient in the practices and policies relating to TRIO programs. Accordingly, this individual will possess strength in both practice and theory, demonstrating the ability to guide effectively a team of approximately 30 staff in providing support to approximately 1,000 member institutions serving nearly 900,000 students across the United States and several federated territories.
- In collaboration with the President, help set and drive the organizational mission, operations strategy, and institutional culture.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Council and assume supervisory leadership over many units of the Council, to include Membership and Human Resources, Program and Professional Development, Business and Finance, and Information Technology.
- Work closely with other senior leaders to create and implement strategies to ensure achievement of short- and long-term objectives across the organization, particularly with respect to large-scale Council events (e.g., Annual Conference, Policy Seminar), fiscal goals, and TRIO community engagement.
- Serve as a liaison to the TRIO community.
- Foster a growth-oriented, positive, and encouraging environment while also keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
The ideal candidate will possess the qualifications below.
- Advanced degree.
- Experience in providing direct student services to low-income first-generation students and students with disabilities.
- Experience managing a budget with revenue from multiple funding sources, to include both governmental and non-governmental entities.
- Leadership role(s) within an institution of higher education.
- An understanding of higher education policy. Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple competing deadlines and high-stakes projects.
- A strong track record as a relationship builder with a highly collaborative style.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to exercise strong judgment and discretion.
- Sincere commitment to working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Keen insight, awareness, and sensitivity into matters pertaining to low-income students, students of color, students with disabilities, and other underrepresented student groups.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of time.
Position is based in Washington, D.C. with an opportunity for a hybrid schedule.
Competitive salary starting at $175k, commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package.
Closing date – until position filled.
To apply, please send a letter of interest, resume, and list of references with the subject line “Executive Vice President” to Vanessa.Ramirez@coenet.org. No phone calls please.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert