- Joliet Junior College
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
POSITION TITLE: Specialist, Records
DEPARTMENT: Records and Registration
DIVISION: Student Development
REPORTS TO: Assistant Registrar
PLACEMENT: Support Staff 7
MINIMUM PAY RATE: t$44,327.08 annually
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
To provide a wide variety of highly responsible administrative duties requiring the exercise of a high level of discretion; to provide professional, effective and efficient customer service assistance to students, faculty, and college personnel, and support to the Assistant Registrar. Relieve an administrative official of day-to-day operational details which involve a great amount of confidentiality. Responsible for departmental credit card and bimonthly reports to the Business Axillary Services, call for companies for quotes when purchasing departmental expenditures, enter purchase requisitions, direct payment vouchers, stipends for employees for services at graduation, complete budget transfers when necessary.
Duties may include reaching information and statistics, compiling and analyzing information for reports, preparing documents, or databases; responding to correspondence editing and proof-reading document and maintain student records. May maintain various databases for students. Prepare work orders, make travel or facility services arrangements, arranging meetings, and reserving meeting rooms. Considerable judgment, initiative, and independent action in establishing or adapting work procedures to new situations are required. Work requires knowledge of the policies and procedures within the Department and College Systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Verify, update, and maintain student and class records and status in various systems and databases; merge duplicate records; monitor verification processes. Award honor society induction and honor level on records and transcripts.
2. Assist with entering transfer transcript credit and other various types of awarded credit onto student’s permanent academic record.
3. Assist with evaluating transfer credit relative to equivalent curricular components through established procedures and practices using Perceptive Intelligent Capture Verifier and ImageNow software. Utilize resources including but not limited to electronic resources, college catalogs, course descriptions and syllabi as well as Joliet Junior College faculty and administrators as needed.
4. Maintain close contact with various departments concerning questions involved in the transfer of credit and graduation processes
5. Work closely with Financial Aid staff; verify, place/remove Financial Aid holds and other restrictions; verify school documentation for Federal and private loans; process FERPA forms.
6. Serve as point of contact and resource person in record keeping to students and various committees and departments; research & resolve student records issues.
7. Enter grades, degrees, transfer credits and other related data into a system; assist with the preparation of official transcripts and degree-audits mailing; process all midterm verification related forms and enter data into a system; send letters to non-attending students after midterm verification process as needed.
8. Assist in training faculty and staff on the Colleague Software.
9. Verify student's enrollment status and degrees, and process required forms for external and internal needs. Calculate grade point average and credit hours.
10. Participate in departmental budget meetings with the Assistant Registrar.
11. Collaborate with the Assistant Director of financial Aid or Analyst from Financial Aid regarding the merging of duplicate records in order that student information is properly reported to the Federal Government.
12. Obtain quotations from outside vendors for departmental equipment and supplies.
13. Participate as a member of the Duplicate Records committee. Assist in the college training educational program regarding the prevention of creating duplicate records.
14. Request, compile, and analyze reports. Prepare documents for archives and audits.
15. Process surveys, facility use, direct pay vouchers, invoices, purchase requisitions, budget transfers, travel requests, work orders and service arrangements; establish and maintain relationships with vendors of services and supplies. Maintain college/department credit card.
16. Assist with graduation program ceremonies and awards preparations. Process graduation applications and do final review of posting of degrees as needed.
17. Use the workflow Process in Imagenow, imaging software to receive some of my daily work.
18. Coordinate, arrange and track meetings; handle confidential materials; respond to email and National Student Clearinghouse Employment Web inquiries.
19. Participate in achieving departmental and college goals and objectives.
20. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Associate’s degree or equivalent.
2. One year of progressively responsible experience.
3. Extensive personal computer skills and a thorough knowledge of several software applications including Microsoft Office Suite for Windows and/or Mac, with knowledge of the student record/schedule, e-mail and Internet.
4. Ability to accurately type and proofread carefully.
5. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
6. Attentiveness to detail, excellent organizational skills, initiative.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability and willingness to work cooperatively with a diverse population.
8. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other members of the college and community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional intelligence.
9. Demonstrated commitment to the college’s core values of respect and inclusion, sustainability, integrity, collaboration, humor and well-being, innovation and quality.
1. Experience in the community college environment.
2. English and Spanish verbal and written communication proficiency.
3. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
1. Normal office physical demands.
1. Duties are performed indoors in the office environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert