Senior Administrative Assistant
- Texas State University-San Marcos
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 24, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Senior Administrative Assistant
University Pay Plan Title
Sr. Admin Asst
Budget & Planning
Open to All
$4,088-$4,375 commensurate with experience
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Previous experience serving in an administrative support role.
- Strong communication, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to forge and sustain effective and productive working relationships within a team environment.
- Demonstrated advanced competency level with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Prior experience scheduling organizational events, maintaining calendars, and managing travel itineraries..
- Demonstrated ability to draft, edit, and proofread correspondence for content, style, and grammatical accuracy.
- Two years of experience in an advanced administrative support position.
- Experience with entry into SAP system.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Previous experience in a university or higher education setting.
Senior Administrative Assistant to the Associate Vice President ( AVP ) for Budget and Planning (BP). Responsible for providing administrative officers with assistance regarding administrative matters to the AVP and the Director of Planning. This position will also provide backup support to the Executive Assistant in the Vice President for Finance and Support Services Office. The AVP for BP also oversees the Office of Budgeting & Financial Analysis.
- Assist AVP with all administrative activities to include monitoring, tracking, and organizing.
- Manage department budget and provide budget, expense, and other reports.
- Manage AVP’s calendar.
- Schedule, coordinate, organize, gather, and compile data for events/meetings.
- Performs entry into the university’s ERP system ( SAP ).
- Serves as departmental timekeeper.
- Prepares various financial and other documents such as personnel change requests (PCRs), travel requests, expense reports, reimbursements, purchase requisitions, and funds commitments.
- Manage office files.
- Coordinates prepare, and assists in writing/preparation of various administrative outcome documents such as Board of Regents reports and AVP on-demand proposals/requests.
- Works with minimal supervision to manage individual workload to problem solve with other departments.
- Act as liaison with the Vice President’s Executive Assistant and other administrative offices.
- Serve as backup to the Vice President’s Executive Assistant (presidential correspondence, Regents meetings, etc.)
- Proofread and edit documents going to the President and/or System Office.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- May supervise student workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants will be required to include a table addressing how they meet the required and preferred qualifications of the job. This should be attached to the application as the “Required Chart.” Skills testing will be required for applicant finalists.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Open Until Filled
Normal Work Days
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start
Normal Work Hours End
You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and chart to your application.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- Required Chart
- DD 214/DD1300
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert