- Benedictine University
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 31, 2023
Benedictine University is an inclusive academic community, inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition and Benedictine values. We seek employees who will contribute to the advancement of our mission by helping students shape lives of meaning and purpose as engaged citizens who care for the Earth, welcome people of diverse faiths and cultures, and promote the common good.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Title: Office Manager
Department: Facilities Manager
Reports to: Director, Facilities Management
Status: Full-Time, Benefit Eligible
Location: Lisle Campus
Position Summary: Responsible for office and administrative support to the Department of Facilities Management. Assist in the management and organization of the departmental budget to ensure fiscal responsibility in the department. This includes the timely processing of invoices, budget forecasting with the Director of Facilities Management as well as the individual managers in the department. Utilize sound decision making skills when making financial suggestions and budget preparation. Assists in the preparation of budget submittals for capital projects, tracks project expenditures, analyzes all invoicing for consistency with contract and work in place. Works very closely with the Business Office as well as Legal and Compliance as it relates to the work that the department handles. Provides high-level customer service to all University's students, faculty, staff, and visitors to ensure the departments operational success. Manages the front desk operations of the department (reception, phone calls, departmental email, etc.)
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the overall function and organization of the Facilities Management front office. Answer all department inbound phone calls and voice mail, receive and respond to department emails, as well as greet visitors, vendors, and contractors while maintaining all required tracking logs. Provide support with generating on-demand service work order requests and/or dispatching service staff. Ensure office, phone, and email coverage week days from 8:30a - 4:00p.
2. Assist in the management the Facilities Management departmental budget to ensure fiscal responsibility in the department. This includes the timely processing of invoices, budget forecasting with the Facilities Management management team. Utilize sound decision making skills when making financial suggetions and budget plans and forecasting. Assists in the preparation of budget submittals for capital projects, tracks project expenditures, analyzes all invoicing for consistency with contract and work in place. Participates in progress pricing meetings and facilitates value engineering discussions. Works very closely with the Business Office as well as Legal and Compliance as it relates to the work that the department handles.
3. Screening, processing and delivering paperwork on a daily basis. Responsible for maintaining an extensive electronic filing system using standardized naming formats and updating the master tracking spreadsheets.
4. Receive and process requests from staff for keys, signage and office locations. Receive and process work orders for pest control services. Maintain the department support event schedule, systems, websites, policies and procedures manuals, tracking logs, and all other needs as required.
5. Assist with department meeting and event arrangements including making space reservations, setting up virtual and in office meetings, calendar maintenance, appointment scheduling, ordering food services, and all other needs as required.
1. Receive, process, deliver and distribute mail and packages for the department.
2. Assist with maintaining office equipment and ordering and maintaint office supply inventory.
3. Prepare and create correspondence, documents, internal and external reports, and handle confidential materials.
Education: High School Graduate/GED Required, Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Experience: 1-3 years office experience; 1-3 years of financial/business experience working with invoices and organizing records
Specific Skills: Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality, knowledge of business office practices and procedures, excellent interpersonal/human relations skills. Accurate typing skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, good comfort level with computers and willingness to learn new software applications.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Use of computer screen, phone and customer service. May require bending, or sitting for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The following of campus specific guidelines for pandemic protocols are required.
Travel (If applicable): NA
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable): NA
Working Conditions: General office environment
Training: As a University employee you are required to complete all University-specific and/or OSHA related training to fulfill your job duties. Specific training will be conducted online or in person. Employees must complete all trainings required by Benedictine University.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The following of campus specific guidelines for pandemic protocols are required.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert