- University of Missouri - Columbia
- Missouri, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Legal Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
School of Law Veterans Clinic
The University of Missouri School of Law invites applications for an Executive Assistant to perform a variety of administrative, legal assistance, logistical, travel, fundraising, fiscal, and student-focused duties within our Veterans Clinic. This position will have overall responsibility for the efficient administrative functioning of the Veterans Clinic.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative and legal assistant services and support for clinic instructors/supervising attorneys, veterans services specialist, clients, and students
- Managing clinic paper and electronic filing systems
- Coordinating clinic events, including an annual symposium, continuing legal education programs, and veteran outreach events
- Supporting grant writing and funding development, including researching grant and funding opportunities, communicating on behalf of the clinic with potential funders, and preparing documents and financial reports, and maintaining metrics associated with grants and fundraising
- Providing support for clinic classes, including preparation of necessary forms and documents for classroom activities. Training students on client forms, correspondence procedures, file keeping, office decorum and procedures, and running Clio reports
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing communications with the clinic generally, including phone calls, emails, and daily logging activities. Handling initial intake information from veterans seeking services and providing referrals when necessary
- Preparing and filing clinic documents with VA, courts, and defense departments, including editing and preparation of exhibits and maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Scheduling and booking travel for clinic personnel; preparing and submitting travel and expense reports
- Managing student workers and interns and providing administrative oversight in support of clinic research assistants
$17.43 - $25.25 per hour based on skills, education, and experience
University Title: Executive Assistant
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, interested in helping veterans and law school students, patient, kind, empathetic, and able to communicate clearly and professionally as well as have a high level of organizational ability, proven Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint skills, and proficiency in basic business writing.
Military experience is preferred, but not required.
Successful candidates will provide outstanding customer service with a "can do" attitude, along with the ability to successfully work efficiently and independently.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into a PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the Law English Version
- EEO is the Law Spanish Version
- EEO is the Law Chinese Version
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert