Alliant International University is a professional practice
University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for
Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International
Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides
students with the highest quality of education through excellence
and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and
research, and community service, particularly to underserved
populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip
students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit
and make an impact in their communities by addressing major
contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's
training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in
courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of
its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional
careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and
application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse
cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The Academic Field Work Coordinator (AFWC), under the general
direction of the Occupational Therapy (OT) Program Director, will
manage overall functioning of level I and Level II Fieldwork
including participate in securing, evaluating, and monitoring field
placements for Master of Occupational Therapy students. The AFWC
meets frequently with students regarding their training goals and
serves as a liaison between students and fieldwork sites throughout
the field placements.
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000
Duties and Responsibilties:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable indviduals
with disabilties to perform essential functions).
- Manage the fieldwork portion of the OT Masters curriculum
according to ACOTE Accreditation Standards.
- Ensure that the fieldwork program reflects the sequence and
scope of content in the curriculum design and strengthen the ties
between didactic and fieldwork education.
- Provide oversight of fieldwork courses within the
- Manage the academic fieldwork program including oversite and
development of field work sites, databases and student
- Assist in the formulation and monitoring of memoranda of
understanding between fieldwork sites and the program; within
- Devise and annually update a fieldwork policy and procedural
manual for students, faculty, and the department and fieldwork
- Collaborate and communicate with faculty and fieldwork
educators to ensure successful student fieldwork learning
- Develop a process to evaluate students’ performance and
professional behavior in Level I and Level II Fieldwork.
- Develop a process to monitor the effectiveness of supervision
and the adequacy of fieldwork educators training (onsite visits may
- Advise students regarding academic progress or difficulties
through ongoing mentoring during academic and fieldwork
- Collect and interpret fieldwork data that informs and
contributes to the overall program evaluation process.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices related to field work
training through professional development.
- Participate with strategic planning, curriculum development,
service, and scholarly activities as assigned.
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as
required, assigned, or directed.
- Proficient computer skills
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- High levell of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability
to problem solve.
- The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and
- The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of
the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per
- The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide
students toward task completion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to wrk as an effective team member
and develop trusting relationships with students and University
- Culturally competent and ability to communicate and interact
effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and/or
- Highly motivated, focused and resulty oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all inerpersonal
interactions, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Collaboration and partnering with other unifersity stakeholders
to support candidate success.
- Ability to make administratie/procedural decisions and
- Education: Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy from
an accredited four-year college or university
- Experience: Two (2) years of clinical practice
experience as an occupational therapist. Full or part-time teaching
experience in occupational therapy education.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Licensed Occupational
Therapist in the State of California. Valid Driver's License and
proof of automobile insurance.
Background Check Requirements:
- Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background
check (including criminal, prior employment and education
verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background
check may affect the application status of applicants or continued
employment of current University employees who apply for the
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University
prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its
educational programs, services and activities, and in employment
practices, including but not limited to internal promotions,
training, opportunities for advancement, terminations,
relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and
consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis
of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical,
disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical
condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with
race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the
diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women,
people of color, people with disabilities and people from other
underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively
seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will
conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with
applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United
States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent
upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's
identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are
consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance
completing an application may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide
you with this
Notice at Collection for California Employees
. This notice is about the collection and use of
your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of
1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education
Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age
Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these
statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free
Alliant International University, Inc.
United States of America
Date: Oct 23, 2023
San Diego, CA, US, 92131