Academic Fieldwork Coordinator - Occupational Therapy
- Alliant International University
- Arizona, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 16, 2022
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The Academic Field Work Coordinator (AFWC), under the general direction of the Occupational Therapy (OT) Program Director, will manage overall functioning of level I and Level II Fieldwork including participate in securing, evaluating, and monitoring field placements for Master of Occupational Therapy students. The AFWC meets frequently with students regarding their training goals and serves as a liaison between students and fieldwork sites throughout the field placements.
Starting Salary: $120,000
Duties and Responsibilties:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable indviduals with disabilties to perform essential functions).
- Manage the fieldwork portion of the OT Masters curriculum according to ACOTE Accreditation Standards.
- Ensure that the fieldwork program reflects the sequence and scope of content in the curriculum design and strengthen the ties between didactic and fieldwork education.
- Provide oversight of fieldwork courses within the curriculum.
- Manage the academic fieldwork program including oversite and development of field work sites, databases and student information.
- Assist in the formulation and monitoring of memoranda of understanding between fieldwork sites and the program; within University guidelines.
- Devise and annually update a fieldwork policy and procedural manual for students, faculty, and the department and fieldwork sites’ use.
- Collaborate and communicate with faculty and fieldwork educators to ensure successful student fieldwork learning outcomes.
- Develop a process to evaluate students’ performance and professional behavior in Level I and Level II Fieldwork.
- Develop a process to monitor the effectiveness of supervision and the adequacy of fieldwork educators training (onsite visits may be necessary).
- Advise students regarding academic progress or difficulties through ongoing mentoring during academic and fieldwork experiences.
- Collect and interpret fieldwork data that informs and contributes to the overall program evaluation process.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices related to field work training through professional development.
- Participate with strategic planning, curriculum development, service, and scholarly activities as assigned.
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or directed.
- Proficient computer skills
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- High levell of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
- The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms.
- The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines.
- The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide students toward task completion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to wrk as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and University employees.
- Culturally competent and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and/or experiences.
- Highly motivated, focused and resulty oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all inerpersonal interactions, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Collaboration and partnering with other unifersity stakeholders to support candidate success.
- Ability to make administratie/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Education: Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited four-year college or university
- Experience: Two (2) years of clinical practice experience as an occupational therapist. Full or part-time teaching experience in occupational therapy education.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Licensed Occupational Therapist in the State of California. Valid Driver's License and proof of automobile insurance.
- Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants . This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 85022
Job ID: 218207
Date: May 31, 2023
Phoenix, AZ, US, 85022
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert