Per Diem Mental Health Counselor
- Wentworth Institute of Technology
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Counsellor Education, Administrative, Student Affairs, Counseling, Health Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Per Diem Mental Health Counselor
Center for Wellness
Job Description Summary
Wentworth Institute of Technology is seeking applicants interested in working as a PART - TIME, PER DIEM Mental Health Counselor in the Center for Wellness.
Starting as soon as possible, this is a part-time role, 15-20 hours per week, through May 1, 2023
Job Summary: The per diem Counselor position is a master’s level, licensed mental health provider whose primary function would be to provide clinical services, outreach, and consultation services to college students. Primary mental health treatment is a short-term model of care for a diverse group of clients.
1. Provides individual counseling and consultation to enrolled students.
2. Provides crisis intervention, emergency consultation and referral recommendations when appropriate.
3. Makes appropriate referrals of students to off-campus mental health specialists and agencies when appropriate.
4. Maintains current and professional records of all those who are served at the Center while maintaining strict confidentiality.
5. Participates in supervision and case consultation as scheduled.
6. Maintains professional certifications, licenses, and malpractice insurance.
Inclusive Excellence at Wentworth:
Wentworth Institute of Technology is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all University programs and activities. The University does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration.
To find out more about the Wentworth’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, please visit the website https://wit.edu/about/diversity.
All applicants have the right to accessibility support and accommodations. To request accessibility support or accommodations, contact the Executive Director of Equity and Compliance, Catlin Wells, at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply :
Interested applicants should apply at https://jobs.wit.edu . Please submit required documents.
Minimum Education Required
Minimum Work Experience Required
1- 3 years of experience
Preferred Work Experience
Minimum Knowledge Required
Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to use in varied situations.
Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices and ability to use in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications
LICSW or LMHC
Advertised Preferred Qualifications
Background in college mental Health, CBT, DBT
Exposure therapy skills
Inpatient / partial hospitalization familiarity
Crisis intervention experience
Posting Detail Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Colleges of the Fenway site
- Wentworth site
- Chronicle of Higher Ed.
- NE HERC
- El Mundo
- Bay State Banner
- Colors Magazine
- * Wentworth defines inclusive excellence as 'Actively and
intentionally cultivating a diverse and culturally competent
institution where each member has the opportunity and support to
reach their full potential and make contributions to our campus
community and beyond.' Please provide an example of how you have
exemplified inclusive excellence in an educational or professional
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert