Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
Under the general supervision of the Office of Information
Technology, the incumbent serves as an Administrative Assistant for
Central State University at Wilberforce, Ohio. This is the first
contact customer-facing position at the university. Required:
excellent customer service and communication skills, attention to
detail, friendly, quality customer service, calm under pressure.
Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment. Communication
skills are critical to the Administrative Assistant’s success as
the entire job is related to communicating with the University’s
external and internal customer. This position reports directly to
the Chief Information Officer ( CIO ) fo the University and assists
the CIO with administrative support, divisional and university
technology procurement, asset management, contract management,
project management, change management, corporate relationship
management, program management, training coordination, and digital
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Help manage scheduling, communication, travel, and other
administrative tasks for the CIO .
- Act as the direct point of contact for the CIO for the internal
and external community.
- Attend and participate in meetings and vendor demos for the CIO
- Assist CIO with internal and external project management and
coordination efforts including timelines, communication, progress,
- Liaise with business and academic units to understand and
communicate their specific IT needs to the CIO .
- Liaise with external corporate and community partners to assist
in programmatic launch and administration.
- Assist with IT policy updates and revisions.
- Assist with university-wide hardware, software, and other
IT-related purchases and internal Division of IT purchases.
- Maintain a working relationship with vendors to provide quotes
for IT products and services to internal customers as
- Assist with university-wide and divisional IT-related contracts
and service level agreements (SLAs) and initiate action and
compliance with payments and renewals.
- Assist with streamlining and administering the process relating
to the issuance and reclamation of IT assets for onboarding and
- Assist with coordinating, scheduling and (if applicable)
delivery of recurring and/or on demand training for new and
existing campus technology.
- Resolve service problems by clarifying faculty, staff, student,
and external customer concerns and/or complaints, determinig the
cause of the issue, explaining the best solution to resolve the
issue, expiditing correction or adjustment if able, and directing
the customer to the appropriate person/department if needed.
- Manage incoming and outgoing telephone and email
- Assist with IT Helpdesk activities and trouble ticketing as
- Ability to interact and communicate with a diverse population
over the telephone and via email, often in stressful
- Knowledge of exceptional customer service standards and
- Researches and provides specific directory information to both
internal and external inquirers, as required.
- Performs various clerical duties as required, including logging
and routing incoming mail.
- Proficient with computers, typing, record maintenance, sorting,
and other administrative duties.
- Clerical and other necessary office skills.
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the
responsibilities above and perform other related duties assigned by
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- People-oriented and highly affable team player
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure with
limited time expectations
- Strong knowledge of current IT trends in hardware, software and
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office 365, with a
strong emphasis on Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle sensitive material(s) in confidence
- Ability to interface with all departments of the
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, MIS, Business, Accounting,
or Management preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an information-intensive business
- Experience working in an Information Technology department
- Experience working in a higher education environment
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts