Communications Coordinator - (STA011734)
- University of Houston
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 3, 2023
Coordinates communications activities in support of a university program, including, but not limited to, publications, newsletters, annual reports, web site, and informational and solicitation materials.
- Coordinates various communications projects, to include compiling, editing, and layout of materials.
- Works with other departments to research, obtain material and organize the content of written communications.
- Provides content for regular updates of the program web site.
- May be responsible for producing regularly recurring communications such as annual reports, monthly publications or newsletters.
- Provides writing and editing services for other communication projects as assigned.
- Represents the program at conferences and community events.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Additional Job Posting Information/Preferred Qualifications:
1. At least 3 years of experience in professional writing or journalism positions.
2. Excellent writing and editing skills, ability to write original content across platforms and mediums, including marketing and website copy, articles, executive communications and newsletters.
3. The aptitude and attitude to effectively perform as a “one-person shop” or as a collaborative team member, depending on the task.
4. Demonstrated capacity to produce clear, concise and engaging copy under deadline pressure.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert