Student Recruitment Coordinator, Senior (Tucson)
- Northern Arizona University
- Arizona, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Student Recruitment Coordinator, Senior (Tucson)
Location: Student Service Center
Job ID: 606886
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity, vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and beyond.
Position is located at Pima Community College in Tucson, Arizona.
Enrollment and Student Services (ESS) is a dynamic and comprehensive unit within Enrollment Management. Our mission is to support student transition from prospect to alumni. We strive for an environment of success for our students and staff. The ESS unit works collaboratively with vital stakeholders both on and off campus to ensure that our work remains in alignment with our vision which is being an agent of change by providing access to higher education at NAU.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Student Recruitment Coordinator, Senior will contribute to student success by way of participation in education and career fairs, continuous collaboration and partnership with community college and corporate partners and maintain connection with prospective students. This position will be familiar with CRMs, recruitment planning and effective strategies, and creation of communication plans. Additionally, this position serves as the liaison between prospective students and University Admissions.
Outreach & Recruitment - 40%
- Recruit students to NAU.
- Participate in community colleges campus visits, business partners events, career and education fairs, information sessions, workshops, Tri-University initiatives, and other University sponsored recruitment events.
- Participate in tabling at education fairs, corporate, public, and other events.
- Facilitate workshops and presentations on NAU admissions, programs, and services.
- Conduct information meetings on-ground and virtually through Zoom or similar video-conferencing platforms.
- Conduct presentations to a multitude of individuals and groups to communicate the vision, mission, values, and programs of the University.
- Fill in for other recruitment staff team members when needed.
- Assist with new student orientations, graduation ceremonies and other community college and University related events.
- Prepare, analyze, and evaluate recruitment goals and initiatives, and program/event activity reports.
Student Services - 25%
- Meet with prospective students and serve as an initial resource regarding NAU programs, course offerings, admissions eligibility, application process, transfer guidelines, cost of attendance, financial aid programs and various other student and enrollment related services, programs, and opportunities.
- Provide customer service to students on a continuous basis in person, on the telephone, and electronically.
- Enter inquiries of prospective students in CRM.
- Monitor, track, and research the number of prospective students and applicants collected from each lead source.
- Demonstrate an understanding of admissions policies and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between prospective students and University Admissions in Flagstaff by answering phones, responding to emails, and meeting 1:1 to provide application assistance.
- Serve as a resource to students, staff, and faculty members.
Planning & Coordination - 15%
- Cultivate and manage a recruitment territory or territories to recruit qualified students to the university for all educational delivery methods.
- Plan and coordinate community colleges campus visits, business partners events, career and education fair attendance, information sessions, workshops, Tri-University initiatives, and other University-sponsored recruitment events.
- Develop, implement, and maintain programs to help facilitate the recruitment of qualified transfer and adult learner students from the Maricopa region. Collaborate with other Enrollment Management and University staff including University Admissions, Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, Online & Innovative Educational Initiatives, and/or other Arizona Board of Regents partners (i.e., sister institutions).
- Work collaboratively and maintain balance of attention with community college and corporate partners, as well as NAU colleagues to facilitate coordination of enrollment, marketing, and recruitment.
- Stay current and apprised of new enrollment management strategies and best practices for communication to prospective students, community college and corporate contacts, and other important constituents to meet University enrollment goals.
- Assist with market research, developing knowledge of competitor programs, and finding marketing opportunities in the Maricopa region.
- Develop, revise and update marketing and media including, but not limited to, flyers, presentation slide decks, videos, webpages, email campaigns, social media postings, text messages, etc.
- Serve and inform the Enrollment Management team by participating in strategic recruitment planning and staffing decisions.
Relationship Building - 15%
- Interact and maintain excellent working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and outside/community agencies in facilitating Enrollment Management program objectives.
- Work collaboratively to communicate, develop and maintain relationships with community college and corporate partners.
- Serve as a liaison with community college advisors and corporate partners.
- Serve as a liaison between NAU recruitment representatives and Community Based Organizations (CBO's) to increase access for first-generation, low-income, and other underrepresented student populations.
- Seek out networking opportunities with community college and corporate partners.
- Represent the University, its missions, policies, and procedures to a broad range of constituents.
- Serve as a liaison to academic colleges and departments and collect important information and updates. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with academic partners.
- Facilitate a positive NAU image in the Maricopa region.
Other - 5%
- Manage personal calendar and travel schedule.
- Travel to Flagstaff for necessary meetings and trainings.
- Complete tasks and responsibilities given by the Assistant Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Frequent travel within Maricopa County.
- Occasional travel outside of Maricopa County.
- Outdoor recruitment activity and event participation required.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to help with event set-up and clean-up (ex. physical set up of recruitment tables/booths/transfer fairs).
- Will need to occasionally work outside of standard business operating hours include evenings and weekends.
- Undergraduate bachelor's degree.
- 3-5 years of recruitment/admissions or sales experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Must possess a valid Arizona drivers' license or be eligible for one by date of hire. Additionally, a good driving record is required.
- Master's degree in relevant field and 1 year of progressively responsible administration experience with preference given to directly related admissions/enrollment management experience.
- 2 years of public speaking experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of recruitment, admissions, and enrollment management practices in higher education.
- A broad understanding of regional and national issues pertaining to higher education, as well as an appreciation for the value that higher education provides for individuals and society.
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to areas of assignment.
- Knowledge of Apple Keynote and Prezi presentation software applications.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Business Objects, Salesforce, Tableau and/or any student information system or data system.
- Program development and execution.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Access, Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and make informed decisions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, establish priorities, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and follow through and meet deadlines.
- Work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with students, parents, alumni, other university administrators and faculty, community college advisors, faculty and administrators, and corporate partners.
- Ability to present the office and the University in a professional manner.
- Ability and willingness to regularly travel throughout the Maricopa region including occasionally travel outside the county.
- Ability and willingness to work numerous nights and weekends.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting. If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $45,800. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
March 2, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact the Disability Resources Office at 928-523-8773, DR@nau.edu, or PO Box 5633, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Know Your Rights Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606886&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert