- San Diego State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Counsellor Education
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Req No: 2023-14954
Category: Community/Social Services
Type: Part-Time Contract
Salary: $16.56 - $21.19 per hour
Under direct supervision, incumbents are responsible for providing general trauma-informed counseling strategies and counseling services to participants in the Driving Under the Influence Program (DUIP). The Counselor/Instructor will demonstrate the importance of ensuring the physical and emotional safety of clients and the understanding of general trauma-informed counseling strategies.
DUIP Counselor/Instructors responsibilities include facilitating group and education sessions; managing assigned client caseloads; performing general trauma-informed counseling strategies; facilitates collaborative treatment and recovering planning and maintains clarity of roles and boundaries. Makes referrals to clinical team when needs of client is beyond the scope.
The DUIP Counselor/Instructor is responsible for but not limited to:
Individual, Group, and Education Counseling 90%
Responsible for facilitating group and education sessions and client interviews in accordance with DUIP philosophy and State/County guidelines. Manages assigned client caseload and progress in accordance with program regulations and State/County requirements. Performs general trauma-informed counseling strategies, including but not limited to, grounding techniques to manage dissociative experiences, cognitive behavior tools to focus on both anxiety reduction, and distress tolerance, and stress management and relaxation tools to reduce hyper arousal. Facilitate collaborative treatment and recovery planning with an emphasis on personal choice and a focus on clients’ goals. Maintains clarity of roles and boundaries in the counseling/client relationship. Makes appropriate referrals to clinical team when the needs of clients’ are beyond the scope of practice. Identifies strengths, coping resources and resilience of clients and the importance of ensuring the physical and emotional safety of clients.
Other Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned 10%
Attends monthly meetings and provides case management services.
- High school diploma or equivalent; must be certified by and AOD
organization or be in good standing as an Associate / Intern
through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Two-years experience providing counseling services in the field of alcohol and/or mental health
ADDITIONAL APPLICANT INFORMATION:
- Candidate must reside in California and able to report to worksite when needed.
- This position offers part-time (10 hours per week) and full-time work opportunities. Please indicate which work arrangement you prefer in the application process.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is required by the CSU for all SDSU Research Foundation employees as a condition of employment. Should you be offered a position, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination status. Individuals who obtain an approved medical or religious exemption on file will be required to complete regular COVID-19 testing
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
- San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
To apply, visit https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/14954/duip-counselor-instructor/job?in_iframe=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert