Graduate Admission Operations Coordinator
- California Lutheran University
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Graduate Admission Operations Coordinator
Position Category: Staff (Non-Exempt)
Location: Thousand Oaks
The mission of California Lutheran University is to educate leaders for a global society who are strong in character and judgment, confident in their identity and vocation, and committed to service and justice. Founded in 1959 in beautiful Ventura County, the university has an enrollment of about 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students who come from across the nation and around the world from a diversity of backgrounds, cultures and faiths. As a federally recognized Hispanic-Serving Institution, Cal Lutheran is looking for candidates with a dedication to and success in working in diverse communities. The university is committed to an inclusive learning and work environment that values individual differences and respects each person’s dignity.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Graduate Admission for Systems and Operations, perform a broad range of customer service, recruitment and operational duties in the front end of the Graduate and Professionals Admission Office that serves prospective students, applicants, staff and faculty. Duties will include, but are not limited to: arranging recruitment events; coordinating of schedules and promotional materials; communicating with prospective students and applicants; assisting students with their campus experience; and handling the back end of the online application process.
- Professionally and effectively communicates with various stakeholders, staff, and clients performing duties, such as: answers telephones; relays messages to appropriate personnel; screens and routes calls and walk-in visitors; and provides information to staff, prospective students and the public regarding programs and office functions. E
- Provides follow-up correspondences in the form of telephone calls, email, and mail to prospective graduate students. E
- Performs accurate data entry of prospective student and applicant information into the Ellucian Colleague database system and SLATE CRM system. E
- Coordinates and attends information sessions and other recruitment activities for graduate programs. E
- Orders and maintains inventory of marketing materials, equipment and supplies. E
- Reviews and proofs documents and print materials and reports for accuracy. E
- Coordinates communications between prospective students, faculty and staff. E
- Offers guidance to student workers with regards to job-related duties, such as customer service and Departmental projects. E
- Monitors budgets and processes paperwork for invoices and purchase orders. E
- Maintains and uses calendars to: arrange and schedule a variety of meetings and appointments; make reservations and travel arrangements; and establish and maintain regular and special schedules of the work unit. E
- Monitors progress of assigned projects and develops schedules. E
- Maintains record-keeping systems. E
- Creates drafts and notes including letters, memoranda, agenda, minutes of meetings, reports, requisitions and other materials. E
- Supports the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management with budget, scheduling and other operational matters as needed. E
- Maintains current knowledge and records of regulations and requirements applicable to assigned office; monitor transactions, programs and services to assure compliance. E
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM, and other relevant software and databases
- Principles and practices of planning.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Public relations techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- University mission, goals, and objectives
- Perform complex and responsible tasks.
- Prioritize multiple tasks, assignments, and projects.
- Organize and coordinate front office activities.
- Assemble, organize and prepare data for records and reports.
- Interact with professionalism, courtesy, and tact.
- Use critical thinking skills to understand and resolve issues, complaints or problems.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Perform calculations quickly and accurately.
- Independently take initiative on projects and assignments.
- Enter data accurately.
- Maintain records.
- Learn, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Work independently with minimal direction.
- Meet schedules and deadlines.
- Work effectively with constant interruptions.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, such as computers and related software, printers, calculators and copy machines.
- Function well as a team member.
Any combination equivalent to: A Bachelor’s Degree and one year of office-related work experience
Knowledge of CRM and database software, such as SLATE and Ellucian Colleague.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Some light travel is required.
Posting Number: Staff002112022
Number of Vacancies:
Desired Start Date: 02/20/2023
Position End Date:
Open Date: 02/02/2023
Close Date: 2/18/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Application Procedure/Special Instructions:
To apply, visit https://careers.callutheran.edu/postings/10412
California Lutheran University is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment for all persons, regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by applicable law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any program, activity or facility of the University on the basis of these factors in a manner consistent with applicable federal and state laws, regulations, ordinances, orders and rules, and University’s policies, procedures, and processes.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert