Senior Application Developer
- Northeastern University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Feb 2, 2023
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Senior Application Developer
About the Opportunity
The division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Senior Applications Developer. The Senior Applications Developer's primary responsibility will be to focus on ensuring the development of quality software using best practice architecture, coding practice and development processes on a day- to -day basis. This position coordinates with analysts and functional users to determine functional requirements and provides customization, maintenance and updates as needed. The Senior Applications Developer will also partner with cross-functional teams to establish and support the application development and test environments. The role will also be responsible for Tier 2 and 3 advanced technical support to functional areas.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
At Team ITS, your success matters as much as the mission. Learn more about our flexible, highly dynamic, and values-first culture at careers.its.northeastern.edu.
This position is eligible for remote work.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information
Technology, Management Information Systems, or a related technical
field is required. A Masters is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years Architecture experience
- Minimum of 8 years' experience with applications development of
both front-end and back-end applications using languages such as
Groovy on Grails, Java.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Ellucian's Banner
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with complex
- In-depth knowledge of PL/SQL with experience in constructing
effective and efficient database triggers and stored
- Minimum of 5 years using RESTful web services
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing applications using
Groovy on Grails technology.
- Familiarity with IBM WebSphere
- Familiarity with devops platforms (Jenkins, Github, Terraform,
- Experience with processes involving problem identification,
recovery, escalation and resolution
- Exposure to Docker
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and to learn new concepts
quickly as needs arise
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall project management
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and capable of
responsibly maintaining schedules for time-sensitive
- Strong attention to detail and organizational
- The following qualifications are highly desired
Informatica Cloud or similar ETL development platforms
Salesforce.com and its suite of products (Service Cloud, Tableau, etc.) preferred
-Create functional and design specifications.
-Provide direction in developing testing methodology and test scripts for utilization during upgrades and patch application.
- Review user's business process; assess needs and research technical solutions for those needs.
- Collaborate with systems and development staff and lead the development of technical specifications that are meaningful to both client and technical developer.
-Evaluate and adjust where appropriate.
- Write the program code required to implement the specifications.
Test the application in controlled, real situations before going live.
- Work with other ITS groups to ensure the integrity and high quality of customized applications release completed as a part of change management processes.
- Develop end user documentation when required.
- Maintain and support existing applications (e.g., implement bug fixes and annual updates to an application)
- Document tasks to ensure that subsequent users can diagnose and fix any problems that might arise in a system, as well perform any maintenance.
- Tier-2 customer support related to integration applications. Identify and perform root cause analysis.
- Serve as a technical contact to other ITS groups and University business units.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Senior-Application-Developer_R112834
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert